#16 eniparadoxgma

eniparadoxgma

Thomas S. Arashikage

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:54 PM

View Posttalker, on Feb 18 2008, 08:06 AM, said:

Mo and a hind lick, a visual image that I could have, perhaps, gone a lifetime without conjouring...sigh...talker. :) :roadrunner:

I see your :storm: and raise you two more. :RJsPC: :bluerip: :)

#17 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:41 PM

i don't think she'll mind... :roadrunner:

#18 talker

talker

Being a Priest is not always easy.

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Interests:Ah lets see...gee, I know...computers.

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:49 PM

View Postm.oreilly, on Feb 18 2008, 04:41 PM, said:

i don't think she'll mind... :storm:

I am not going to ask what that means Mo, no, stop me, I am not going to ask...talker. :roadrunner: :RJsPC: :bluerip:

#19 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:44 PM

View Posteniparadoxgma, on Feb 18 2008, 09:54 PM, said:

I see your 1 and raise you two more. 3
I see your :roadrunner: :storm: :RJsPC: and raise you one (appearantly) more. :bluerip: :) :) :)

#20 TheBearLT

TheBearLT

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:50 AM

Oook. Yesterday watched "Deliverance 1972".

I can say, the movie is really beautiful... you actually do feel like inside the movie.
But at the same time, it was really disturbing, especially that place where the guy was getting raped.. :cc_surrender:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Really sad... But great movie. I say 4/5

Soo that is the reason why you picking on Hillbillies :lol: ?
Like stupid Low-end people ?

Basically Hillbillies are the same as Rednecks ? (Not literally, I know that Hillbillies are the people who live in the mountains, or hi on the hills)

Edited by TheBearLT, 22 February 2008 - 08:38 AM.

#21 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:02 AM

the banjo gets f'd as an instrument because of that movie. Not all of us Claw hands are inbred idiots. :cc_surrender:

I challenge anyone to show me a better instrument for playing arpeggios. At least in Pythagoras' harmonic system. Here's why the banjo is sublime:

Bear---Hillbillies and Rednecks are very similar but Rednecks are able to live in urban areas of the U.S. while Hillbillies cannot. The latter type of folk will melt upon hearing a language other than english or seeing a person who doesn't get moonburn. Rednecks are philosophically similar to Hillbillies but they are usually able to blend into normal society because they can spell English words and they don't smell as bad. That's not to denigrate Hillbillies though----in general, Hillbillies, at least, are consistent in their idiocy. Rednecks are often educated but they will proffer idiocy as a means to an end--as an example---Rednecks are the Americans you sometimes hear about that claim that evolution and global warming are "just theories" because they equate that word with "hunch" or "idea"---most of the time, they are either really stupid or they have an agenda. Hillbillies have never even heard those words and are pretty cool with the idea that the Sun orbits the Earth.

Edited by banj0, 22 February 2008 - 09:29 AM.

#22 TheBearLT

TheBearLT

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:17 AM

View Postbanj0, on Feb 22 2008, 11:02 AM, said:

Bear---Hillbillies and Rednecks are very similar but Rednecks are able to live in urban areas of the U.S. while Hillbillies cannot. The latter type of folk will melt upon hearing a language other than english or seeing a person who doesn't get moonburn.

Hey thanks, now I know the Difference :lust:
Basically Hillbillies are Eremites, who live with a groups of other Eremites somewhere in Eremited place.. :rofl_mini:

Rednecks lives everywhere... :lol:

You made everything clear.

View Postbanj0, on Feb 22 2008, 11:02 AM, said:

the banjo gets f'd as an instrument because of that movie. Not all of us Claw hands are inbred idiots. :cc_surrender:

I like banjos, nice instruments.. :g: which sounds awesome as well.. I say, no movie can destroy the love to instrument, this is basically impossible

#23 talker

talker

Being a Priest is not always easy.

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Interests:Ah lets see...gee, I know...computers.

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:19 PM

Hey banj0, that was 8 minutes well spent. That was a refreshing time. The banjo was so smooth. I really liked the 6 string bass and the soprano saxes since I played sax for a long time as well as the basson yet I fear the poor faggato was never heard in this number. I didn't play the soprano sax like these guys but the Baritone Sax. That is the same one that Jerry Mulligan played to give you a memory jogger. Thanks much banj0, that was good with my morning coffee...talker. :cc_surrender:

#24 VoodooGuru

VoodooGuru

When I get a chance, I get up and dance and do the Curly shuffle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:57 PM

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned 'The Beverly Hillbillies', a sitcom from the 60's.

While I'm not much of a sitcom freak,some of the best sitcoms were created in the 60's. (Lester) Flatt and (Earl) Scruggs made appearances on the show. Both were elected to the Country Music Hall of Fame in 1985.

While I'm not a fan of country music, I do like bluegrass and it falls under that category.

On edit: Yes, I know my age is showing... soon I will be old and gray and in the way...

Edited by VoodooGuru, 22 February 2008 - 02:59 PM.

#25 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:28 PM

View Posttalker, on Feb 22 2008, 08:19 AM, said:

Hey banj0, that was 8 minutes well spent. That was a refreshing time. The banjo was so smooth. I really liked the 6 string bass and the soprano saxes since I played sax for a long time as well as the basson yet I fear the poor faggato was never heard in this number. I didn't play the soprano sax like these guys but the Baritone Sax. That is the same one that Jerry Mulligan played to give you a memory jogger. Thanks much banj0, that was good with my morning coffee...talker. :lol:

:cc_surrender: Glad you liked it bud. That's the Flecktones playing "Big Country" with a few guests. It was originally a bit more acoustic as you can hear from the link below. I like both versions though.

Big Country (acoustic)

While I'm not much of a sitcom freak,some of the best sitcoms were created in the 60's. (Lester) Flatt and (Earl) Scruggs made appearances on the show. Both were elected to the Country Music Hall of Fame in 1985.

While I'm not a fan of country music, I do like bluegrass and it falls under that category.

Heck, i agree with your whole post VG.

Edited by banj0, 22 February 2008 - 08:29 PM.

#26 VoodooGuru

VoodooGuru

When I get a chance, I get up and dance and do the Curly shuffle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:52 AM

On the history Channel... Hillbilly: The Real Story, Saturday, February 23rd, 2008 7:00 pm Central Time U.S.

A must see for all of those who posted to this thread...

#27 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:55 AM

View PostVoodooGuru, on Feb 23 2008, 04:52 PM, said:

On the history Channel... Hillbilly: The Real Story, Saturday, February 23rd, 2008 7:00 pm Central Time U.S.

A must see for all of those who posted to this thread...

heck, it was on earlier today...

Posted Image

#28 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:15 AM

Damn, I missed it. Anyone check it out? Any good music?

#29 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:41 AM

View Postbanj0, on Feb 23 2008, 10:15 PM, said:

Damn, I missed it. Anyone check it out? Any good music?
mike, i was joking...or are you joking...lol

#30 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:59 AM

:g: I meant the special that VG posted about.

But I wasn't joking. The Bluegrass style originated from the Appalachian people and from what I've read and heard about their culture, they still pass down the songs from gens. to gens. I thought maybe that special would've delved into it a bit.

I'm not into Country music as a whole by any means but, with Bluegrass, Bill Monroe and Doc Watson learned their stuff from guys and gals that played "shredder" music waaaaay before Vai or Satch or Eddie V.Halen. And it's as technically demanding as a lot of Bach and Mozart, sometimes more so. I love it. Just wish I didn't suck so bad sometimes when I try to play it. :cc_surrender: :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users