67 replies to this topic

#61 BlueScreenOfDeath

BlueScreenOfDeath

~* Hardware & Beta Guru *~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:16 PM

thats great but we're in 2006...and technology and the way we use computers are changing..you might think those services are worthless but dig down and find out what they do and you will see you that you'll likely use them at one point or another.

#62 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:41 PM

thats great but we're in 2006...and technology and the way we use computers are changing..you might think those services are worthless but dig down and find out what they do and you will see you that you'll likely use them at one point or another.
Point taken....fair enough.

But I see no need to be forced into running them 24/7 just in case something may require them? We are in 2006 and technology should have advanced enough that the OS be able to alternate services when and if they are needed.

:rolleyes:

#63 BlueScreenOfDeath

BlueScreenOfDeath

~* Hardware & Beta Guru *~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 05:38 AM

dude thats why most are either set to automatic or manual which they turn on and off given a specific application demand for them.

#64 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2006 - 05:52 AM

dude thats why most are either set to automatic or manual which they turn on and off given a specific application demand for them.

But we all know that is not the case!

Set to 'Automatic'.....it will run...regardless.

Set to 'Manual'.....it will start when needed......but NEVER turn off again once what's used it has finished???....unless you reboot or manually stop it......

The OS won't stop the service when whatever was using it has finished........that's my point!

Not good if you have your PC on 24/7 is it? :talker:

#65 godless

godless

GTA 4 is a ps2 relic with better graphics...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:06 AM

Well for people not wanting to put out the money, Vista does seem like a waste of money that could be better spent on hardware. I'm sure if you came out with SP3 before Vista launch, and made DX10 XP compatible, you might notice that a lot less people would end up buying Vista. I'll prolly end up buying it anyway, no point in having a DX10 card, and not being able to use DX10. Also, there is a ton of people who still use older computers, good example is the amount of people who play cs 1.6, so a ton of people wont be buying Vista anyway... I wont be the first in line for Vista, but I will get it eventually.

Edited by godless, 18 October 2006 - 05:04 PM.

#66 dwflo

dwflo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:56 PM

I missed Vista RC2, so I am stuck with RC1. Would have liked to test drive it, to see what improvements were made. :(
I am Running Fedora Core 6 x86_64 pre-release, and very happy with it. Vista seems no different tha XP, just the fancy Areo desktop...I get the same thing in FC. I would prefere to use both OS's, but Linux will remain my primary, due to its stability and security. I have had no problems getting my hardware to be recognized.
If it were not for M$ attitude, I would not have such negative feeling towards them. They have made lots of claims regarding the security and stabilty of Winblows and have never lived up to them. I have had OS\2 Warp and now Linux...now these are REAL mutitasking OS's, M$ hasn't figured that out yet! :pray:
I have sunk a lot of money into M$ and never got its worth. Now they want even more for Vista, no wonder Gates is one of the wealthiest men in America!!! :lol:

#67 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:30 AM

Revived.

:angry: :) :storm:

:dancing4:

#68 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip