67 replies to this topic

#16 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:48 AM

Bev Harris was out front in early 2004 about the risk of Diebold machines.

Edited by banj0, 08 March 2008 - 10:17 PM.

#17 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:35 AM

It's over. Clinton conceded today and the U.S. presidential election will be Obama vs. McCain. Even though everyone that follows U.S. politics knew it was over in March, now it's official.

Some strange things----there are a lot of Hillary Clinton supporters that have sworn to vote for McCain in the G.E. Most of them think that the primary was either stolen by Obama or that sexism and misogyny on the part of Obama supporters caused her to lose the nomination.

Stranger still, we are seeing many members of the Republican party claiming that they will vote for Obama because of his populist ideals and as a backlash against Bush policies.

Good luck to Obama and McCain. I hope that one of them can fix the Hindenburg that is the U.S. economy.

edited--too long, again. lol.

Edited by banj0, 08 June 2008 - 04:26 PM.

#18 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:42 AM

Bush to McCain (which I'm certain it will be).

God help us all. :g:

#19 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:44 AM

Anyone else watch Obama's acceptance speech tonight? I'm biased but I thought he kicked ass and took names.

The best line----"John McCain has said he would follow Osama Bin Laden to the Gates of Hell but he and Bush won't even follow him to the cave he lives in."

:) :D Ownd. :rofl: ;)

#20 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Interests:Anything interesting.

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:09 PM

I thought he did a good job. It was smart for him to speak specifically about the issues. I was getting kind of tired of the vague "change" he kept mentioning. I tend not to get too excited about candidates. They're all politicians after all. I keep my options open as long as possible.

McCain's choice of Gov. Palin today was a big surprise and should make the election even more interesting.

#21 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:56 PM

From what I see of her I like her, though I still wont vote for mccain, or that matter obama. However I dont know if having such a young good looking woman will help, lots of women I know do not trust young good looking women.

#22 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:11 PM

That was a big surprise in Palin. She's a superstar in the making from what I've heard.

brew said:

I tend not to get too excited about candidates. They're all politicians after all

That's cause you're smart. :D I get like a 13 year old girl with Hannah Montana tickets every 4 years. :)

I wish Bob Barr and Paul would get in on the debates.

#23 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Interests:Anything interesting.

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:30 PM

View Postbanj0, on Aug 29 2008, 03:11 PM, said:

That was a big surprise in Palin. She's a superstar in the making from what I've heard.

That's cause you're smart. :rofl: I get like a 13 year old girl with Hannah Montana tickets every 4 years. :D
;)

I wish Bob Barr and Paul would get in on the debates.
I'd take Bob Barr more seriously if he shaved his mustache. Or at least grew it out to a fu manchu. :)

#24 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:17 PM

Some interesting information on Sarah Palin. Im sure more to come

#25 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:34 AM

View PostNvyseal, on Aug 29 2008, 05:17 PM, said:

Some interesting information on Sarah Palin. Im sure more to come

I was just reading about that. I guess it still could be unethical but the trooper/brother-in-law in question was allegedly using a taser on his 11-year old kid and beating his ex-wife. If true, the dude got far less than what should be coming to him.

#26 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 05:09 AM

View Postbanj0, on Aug 29 2008, 09:34 PM, said:

I was just reading about that. I guess it still could be unethical but the trooper/brother-in-law in question was allegedly using a taser on his 11-year old kid and beating his ex-wife. If true, the dude got far less than what should be coming to him.

Few other tidbits I found, dont have the link for them though, that "trooper" ugh dirty taste in the mouth about that one, not only beat the wife and tasered the kid but was driving his patrol car, I think on duty, drunk.
and another trooper refused to breathalyzer him.

#27 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 06:34 AM

holy mackerel!!! :)

#28 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 07:16 AM

Holy cow, drunk driving while on duty? If all that stuff is true, I wish the Palin sisters had a brother to go and whup his ass. What an a-hole. This, to me, is where the law butts up against common sense---we could argue that what Mrs. Palin did was unethical but if I was governor and that douche did that stuff to my sister and niece he'd have an accident on Mount McKinley. Even if she got him fired (which very well may not be true), she showed ethical restraint, imho. No way should she suffer blowback for that.

In doing some research, it seems Mrs. Palin is an avid fisher and hunter. I'm sure she and I would get along famously in that department. But she advocates teaching Creationism alongside Evolution in public schools (Philosophy and Science being the same thing and all. :D :rofl: ) and she's for drilling ANWR.

De-listing Polar Bears on the Endangered Species list is a plus, too many radical-left whackos that have never lived 10 miles from a Starbucks are against that. But she has no problem with aerial-hunting wolves and bears. :) No real hunter would shoot an animal, unless they've killed a human, from a helicopter. ;) :davex: She's also anti-choice in all situations, including rape, incest, and when the mother's life is endangered by a pregnancy. Once again, philosophy against science and totally unconstitutional.

On the other side, Joe Biden thinks the market will protect net-neutrality (;) :D) and he actively supports unconstitutional legislation that makes it easier for the RIAA and the MPAA to catch file-sharers. Big Brother Biden thinks that we netizens that encrypt our connections are felons (?!?) even if we don't file-share. Apparently, he's one of those "nothing to hide, nothing to worry about" types that is in office, in Washington, in contention for the 2nd highest office in the US, and has absolutely no respect for the constitution.

Also, despite his recent stance, he was a strong advocate for attacking Iraq in the wake of 9/11. <----that last stance is from my memory but it seems to have been scrubbed from the web. If I'm wrong, I apologize. But he, at least, was among the congressional leaders that voted to authorize military action in Iraq, that much is still left on the google. No way should he be allowed to claim otherwise now.

I still like Obama in this race but is it really too much to ask for a ticket that has read and is willing to actually uphold the constitution? Dammit.

#29 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 05:00 PM

View Postbanj0, on Aug 30 2008, 02:16 AM, said:

Holy cow, drunk driving while on duty? If all that stuff is true, I wish the Palin sisters had a brother to go and whup his ass. What an a-hole. This, to me, is where the law butts up against common sense---we could argue that what Mrs. Palin did was unethical but if I was governor and that douche did that stuff to my sister and niece he'd have an accident on Mount McKinley. Even if she got him fired (which very well may not be true), she showed ethical restraint, imho. No way should she suffer blowback for that.

In doing some research, it seems Mrs. Palin is an avid fisher and hunter. I'm sure she and I would get along famously in that department. But she advocates teaching Creationism alongside Evolution in public schools (Philosophy and Science being the same thing and all. :D :rofl: ) and she's for drilling ANWR.

De-listing Polar Bears on the Endangered Species list is a plus, too many radical-left whackos that have never lived 10 miles from a Starbucks are against that. But she has no problem with aerial-hunting wolves and bears. :) No real hunter would shoot an animal, unless they've killed a human, from a helicopter. ;) :davex: She's also anti-choice in all situations, including rape, incest, and when the mother's life is endangered by a pregnancy. Once again, philosophy against science and totally unconstitutional.

On the other side, Joe Biden thinks the market will protect net-neutrality (;) :D) and he actively supports unconstitutional legislation that makes it easier for the RIAA and the MPAA to catch file-sharers. Big Brother Biden thinks that we netizens that encrypt our connections are felons (?!?) even if we don't file-share. Apparently, he's one of those "nothing to hide, nothing to worry about" types that is in office, in Washington, in contention for the 2nd highest office in the US, and has absolutely no respect for the constitution.

Also, despite his recent stance, he was a strong advocate for attacking Iraq in the wake of 9/11. <----that last stance is from my memory but it seems to have been scrubbed from the web. If I'm wrong, I apologize. But he, at least, was among the congressional leaders that voted to authorize military action in Iraq, that much is still left on the google. No way should he be allowed to claim otherwise now.

I still like Obama in this race but is it really too much to ask for a ticket that has read and is willing to actually uphold the constitution? Dammit.
I agree with you on all of this, except I wont vote for either ticket, I will do write in, better then not voting even if it does no good.

#30 eniparadoxgma

eniparadoxgma

Thomas S. Arashikage

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:15 AM

My current stance:

"You may have noticed that there's one thing I don't complain about: Politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says, "They suck". But where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. No, they come from American homes, American families, American schools, American churches, American businesses, and they're elected by American voters. This is the best we can do, folks. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out.

....I have solved this political dilemma in a very direct way: I don't vote. On Election Day, I stay home. I firmly believe that if you vote, you have no right to complain. Now, some people like to twist that around. They say, "If you don't vote, you have no right to complain", but where's the logic in that? If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent politicians, and they get into office and screw everything up, you are responsible for what they have done. You voted them in. You caused the problem. You have no right to complain.

I, on the other hand, who did not vote -- who did not even leave the house on Election Day -- am in no way responsible for that these politicians have done and have every right to complain about the mess that you created."

http://www.icomedytv.com/Comedies/StandUpC...cript-0419.aspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users