3 replies to this topic

#1 Shawn

Shawn

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:19 PM

Hey guys!

Just finished a clean vista install and immediately run into a stumbling block. It exhibits weird behavior by returning to me that websites are unreachable that i know are such as www.nvidia.com ect. I have internet access because it loads MSN.com but not Nvidia.com and Guru3d.com. Is there some kind of hidden rating system that is not letting me view those sites? can anyone confirm? btw this is the 64 bit version. Also will Windows XP64 bit drivers work on this OS?

Thanks

Shawn

#2 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:07 PM

Shawn, it sounds like you dont have IE set up to allow something. you may try setting your security level down some or look for a blocker up at the top of your browser Some Legacy drivers from XP will work, some just dont

#3 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:16 PM

Try to set such sites as "Trusted Sites". I hadnt problems with 5456 interneting.

#4 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:29 PM

it could also be the firewall. what service/device would you need xp drivers for (i'm using x64 server storage/raid drivers
for my scsi controller)? to each their own, but i would use FireFox to avoid some of the IE beta issues. are you using the
x64 version of IE in vista?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users