3 replies to this topic

#1 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 12:02 AM

It's a complete desktop environment for Linux on x86. It tries to make easier for Windows XP users to use a Linux box. Nothing more, no clipboard compatibility between Gtk and Qt applications, no emulation of Windows applications, no unification on the widgets of X applications, just a desktop environment.

Now people don't ask me which Flavours it works with...try it...laugh or whatever :D

HERE

#2 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 27 February 2006 - 12:24 AM

Yeh, seen more about that, I think it's a shame. Linux is Linux because it is NOT Windows(XP), now that that bloke is trying to make it look like XP... I don't like the feel of it. It's not for me. I'll have KDE or Enlightenment any day!

#3 x2p

x2p

Network Security

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Basketball,dj'ing and cars

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:07 PM

Now With Vista In View,Kde and the Linux Devlopers Have Got There Work Cut Out,Vista Has Some Realy Powerful Technoligies Inint,Me As Security Boff,Are Intrested In What Vista has To Offer,The Future Is Bright,But Not Orange lol

Edited by x2p, 27 February 2006 - 01:09 PM.

#4 Linoman

Linoman

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 03:04 PM

I dunno I think XPde can be a good thing for people who are afriad of change at least this way they can adapt slowly in stead of just one whole big jump. (Ok changing to linux is a big jump)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users