• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cpu_hero

cpu_hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:03 PM

My roommate continually pings and then tries to hack my PC. I've seen about a week logs worth of his attempts.

Neway, since half my roommates have lives and I'm too lazy to copy down every MAC address from all the routers (we have 4) in my building (I'm the person who has the router password, I'm also the person who makes sure the router is working, who makes sure the tech guy comes by on my day off cus the landlord is busy). So, lets just say in short I could block his internet from the router down the hall from him (as well as the rest of the building) and no one would know.

Anyway, heres a pic of what I did. Its not perfect, but considering he assigns his wireless device his room name. I really dont care.

Posted Image

#2 scaramonga

scaramonga

CALLING ALL STATIONS

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:50 AM

Ever tried to shag one of your roommates? Maybe it will stop the continual pings?

If not, I find that a good 'bat in the mouth' does the trick (look it up if you don't understand).

Us Scot's swear by it :giggle:

:)

#3 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:08 AM

View Postscaramonga, on Oct 19 2011, 06:50 PM, said:

Ever tried to shag one of your roommates? Maybe it will stop the continual pings?

If not, I find that a good 'bat in the mouth' does the trick (look it up if you don't understand).

Posted Image

(still don't get it...)

#4 cpu_hero

cpu_hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:43 PM

View Postscaramonga, on Oct 20 2011, 01:50 AM, said:

Finns swear by two methods

Method 1: If I love you, your gonna learn how to fly (twist arm, throw into air 5 feet) - aim for snowbank.

Method 2: If I hate you, your gonna learn how to fly downstairs - aim for middle of stairs when no one is looking LOL

This is what I did guys:

Block all ip ranges that are not my ip through firewall. Block all nonfriendly MACs. Block all unfriendly IP addresses using almost every port range through Access Control.

Result:
no hack attempts.

Edited by cpu_hero, 20 October 2011 - 06:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users