3 replies to this topic

#1 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:36 PM

images/news/vista.jpgMicrosoft may now be deciding what its Vista Media Centre users can watch on the box.

According to thegreenbutton.com, Vista-using punters trying to record NBC Universal TV shows American Gladiator and Medium got a little message from the Vole saying that restrictions had been set by the broadcaster which prohibited recording of the program.

Oddly, the angry viewers did not rush to blame Microsoft for the problem. Indeed, many thought the blame must lie with their telly or cable networks who had stuck the block on to thwart advert-avoiding technology.

At time of going to press, no one had a clue why Vista Media Centre's DRM was blocking the downloading of the shows. Microsoft said it was investigating the matter.

However most who moaned to Thegreenbutton were Vista users recording digital cable with ATI cablecard tuners. Microsoft reports in cases where this has happened before said that the cable provider had set the DRM to 'copy never'.

Inq

#2 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:23 AM

well, hopefully they will leave good shows that are worth it available for copy... :P

#3 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:42 AM

I'm sure it must be 'something' and not Vista?

:P

#4 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:16 AM

View Postscaramonga, on May 14 2008, 05:42 PM, said:

I'm sure it must be 'something' and not Vista?

:)

lol, it's just the dog poop shows being blocked. i can live with that :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users