Please make sure your machine meet these requirements
AMD or Intel @ 1.7 + (Dual core is recommended for easier load handling)
Standard Graphics Card
Sound Not Required
For a free 60 Day trial of this go here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008...l-software.aspx
Virtual Box Download: http://www.virtualbo.../wiki/Downloads
After downloading 2008 server and virtual box, create a new machine in with the following config.
1. Name: <<Desired Name>>
2. OS Type: Windows Server 2008
3. Base Memory Size: 512MB+
When in the virtual box main screen select your virtual machine and select settings from the buttons at the top.
1. Navigate to CD/DVD ROM
2. Select Mount ISO
3. Select your 2008 Web iso from your computers hard drive
4. Hit ok and start your virtual machine
When the Machine is installed please make sure that you have already configured internet access.
(if not please post a screenshot of your machine config and ill sort it out for you)
- Already configured internet access will look like this.
Right now your Virtual Machine will be using your current machine IP, this isnt good because the machine will be closed to incoming connections with various ports, one of these being the crucial port we need (Port 80 HTTP). Because of this we are going to create a network bridge in windows (your native machine system). Before we do that we need to configure Virtual Box to use a virtual adapter. Please make sure your virtual machine is powered off as otherwise you cannot make changes within settings.
1. Open settings from Virtual Box main window
2. Navigate to network.
3. Click on the icon of a network card in the image above, to create a host network card.
4. Name your host interface something you will understand and click ok
5. Under Attached to select Host Interface
1. Start your virtual machine boot until logged on to desktop
2. Your VM should now be showing a connection, but no connection to the internet
3. Minimize your VM, GO to network settings in your native machine
4. Select your High Speed connection to the internet or router and the host network device you created
5. Right click and select Bridge
Your networking icon should have returened back to normal in the VM
Your desktop should now look like this
The next bit is going to be hard to do as different routers have a different way of doing things, in this tutorial I will use a Orange Live Box, there are many guides of how to open ports here(http://www.portforwa...routerindex.htm)
You are going to need to forward port 80 to internal port 80 on your vms IP.
Part 1 is over as 2008 Web is now accepting incoming connections through port 80
Part 2 Covered Setting up Abyss Web Server and FTP (Being published @ 20.00 UTC)