• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 11:09 PM

What files can I always delete from Windows XP? It's currently hogging almost 20G of my C drive!
And erm, yes, I admit I do have a few software thingy's on C, but those are all primary software (antivirus etc.)
I'd like Windows to use a bit less of harddisk!

Ow, and I just noticed... I also need to clean up some of Apple's craptastic software, it uses almost 1G of space on C, by software that is NOT INSTALLED ON C!

I want my linux back, but fail to get motivated to install Gentoo

Ow, final question, does anyone know how to move a piece of software from C to D, without reinstalling? If it is possible...

#2 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2008 - 01:30 AM

What files can I always delete from Windows XP? It's currently hogging almost 20G of my C drive!
And erm, yes, I admit I do have a few software thingy's on C, but those are all primary software (antivirus etc.)
I'd like Windows to use a bit less of harddisk!

Have a look at this:

Making your windows folder smaller

Somethings well wrong if XP is taking up 20Gb buddy?? 4Gb at most is what you want.

Shove this file in a folder or on C:\ root and create a shortcut to desktop. Click twice every day to delete temp files from system, I have used for years and its a godsend :P

http://rapidshare.com/files/173143157/deltemp.bat

Right click and 'edit' to see batch file contents :cc_surrender:

Ow, and I just noticed... I also need to clean up some of Apple's craptastic software, it uses almost 1G of space on C, by software that is NOT INSTALLED ON C!

You'll never get rid of Apple bloat completely, once installed your polluted. But uninstall all the crap and run ccleaner and remove all Apple entries.

Ow, final question, does anyone know how to move a piece of software from C to D, without reinstalling? If it is possible...

It's possible, but not recommended. There are some software that claim to do this, and depending on the application it will probably be OK, but long term disaster can result from some. I'd uninstall and then reinstall to the other partition. If you happen to not have original install disk, anythings gettable, so give me a shout :cc_surrender:

S.

#3 Tweak

Tweak

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:33 PM

WinCleaner has a SmartMover built-in that I have had good luck using to move programs, the rest Rik has covered well enough it doesn't require repeating.

#4 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:55 PM

View Postscaramonga, on Dec 14 2008, 02:30 AM, said:

Have a look at this:

Making your windows folder smaller

Somethings well wrong if XP is taking up 20Gb buddy?? 4Gb at most is what you want.

Shove this file in a folder or on C:\ root and create a shortcut to desktop. Click twice every day to delete temp files from system, I have used for years and its a godsend :P

http://rapidshare.com/files/173143157/deltemp.bat

Right click and 'edit' to see batch file contents :cc_surrender:
You'll never get rid of Apple bloat completely, once installed your polluted. But uninstall all the crap and run ccleaner and remove all Apple entries.
It's possible, but not recommended. There are some software that claim to do this, and depending on the application it will probably be OK, but long term disaster can result from some. I'd uninstall and then reinstall to the other partition. If you happen to not have original install disk, anythings gettable, so give me a shout ;)
S.
Wow! that cleaned out pretty much 17G!!!

And I already have CCleaner to clean my system at boot time :cc_surrender:

#5 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:36 PM

View PostSphere, on Dec 14 2008, 02:55 PM, said:

Wow! that cleaned out pretty much 17G!!!

And I already have CCleaner to clean my system at boot time :cc_surrender:

:P :cc_surrender:

#6 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:46 PM

View PostTweak, on Dec 14 2008, 06:33 AM, said:

WinCleaner...

:P is that one of them 'one click' apps?

:cc_surrender:

#7 Tweak

Tweak

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:23 AM

View Postm.oreilly, on Dec 14 2008, 04:46 PM, said:

:P is that one of them 'one click' apps?
:cc_surrender:

Funny thing, yes, I think it has that option...it isn't run on or installed on my rig but clients pcs I don't mind using it for moving apps and it serves to do the same as ccleaner which I always use, WinCleaner is something from long ago that works decent when needed though. :cc_surrender:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users