• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 marmar

marmar

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:02 PM

I have a mac computer and im using fire fox. I go to shockwave.com to play games and a pop up message comes up telling me I need Xtra Havok Physics scene. I tried downloading shockwave 10,11, flashplayer and the message still comes up. I know that Xtra Havok Physics scene is used for 3d gaming but i can't seem to make it work on my computer. Does anybody know what to do? What to install? Where to install? the things I need.

#2 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:10 PM

http://www.adobe.com...oad/alternates/
you tried the options on this page? did you close your browser and try a manual install?

from http://www.miniclip.com/games/moon-rush/es...n-rush-help.php

I get an error message asking me to install something called Havok?

Pre-Shockwave 11 games may have used an Xtra called Havok. This provides the games with realtime physics. Unfortunately, Adobe are not porting the Havok physics Xtra to Mac OS which means the large majority of old 3D shockwave games will no longer work. Shockwave 11 features a new physics engine as standard and future games will use this and will work on Intel Macs.

Adobe have released a UB version of the Shockwave 11 player for both Mac PPC and Mac Intel. Some games use Xtras, which are basically plug-ins that extend the capabilities of the Shockwave player. Various 3rd party Xtras have yet to be ported over to work on Mac Intel machines. As these Xtras become available we put them on the site so that you can install and play the effected games.

#3 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2008 - 11:42 PM

Upgrade to a PC?

:blink:

:cc_surrender:

#4 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:03 AM

View Postscaramonga, on Nov 9 2008, 03:42 PM, said:

Upgrade to a PC?

:blink:

it's ok marmar, he's 'scottish'...

#5 marmar

marmar

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 03:39 PM

View Postm.oreilly, on Nov 9 2008, 08:10 PM, said:

http://www.adobe.com...oad/alternates/
you tried the options on this page? did you close your browser and try a manual install?

from http://www.miniclip.com/games/moon-rush/es...n-rush-help.php

I clicked on that website http://www.adobe.com...ad/alternates/... and I downloaded shockwave 11 full installer for mac osx 10.4... after the downloading was over, I opened shockwave to play a game and the havok pop up came up. What exactly do I need to play shockwave on fire fox?

Is it possible to delete one of my topics that i no longer need. Thanks for your time!!

Edited by marmar, 10 November 2008 - 04:09 PM.

#6 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:31 PM

Pre-Shockwave 11 games may have used an Xtra called Havok. This provides the games with realtime physics. Unfortunately, Adobe are not porting the Havok physics Xtra to Mac OS which means the large majority of old 3D shockwave games will no longer work. Shockwave 11 features a new physics engine as standard and future games will use this and will work on Intel Macs.

Adobe have released a UB version of the Shockwave 11 player for both Mac PPC and Mac Intel. Some games use Xtras, which are basically plug-ins that extend the capabilities of the Shockwave player. Various 3rd party Xtras have yet to be ported over to work on Mac Intel machines. As these Xtras become available we put them on the site so that you can install and play the effected games.

as my first post above...

#7 marmar

marmar

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:55 PM

Does this mean.. If I download the shockwave 11 i wont be able to play any games with havok until you release some type of plug in for a mac? Or am i doing something wrong in the installation?

#8 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:07 PM

View Postmarmar, on Nov 10 2008, 11:55 AM, said:

Does this mean.. If I download the shockwave 11 i wont be able to play any games with havok until you release some type of plug in for a mac? Or am i doing something wrong in the installation?

that's it. are these older games you are trying to play?

#9 marmar

marmar

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:36 PM

No.. www.shockwave.com

So basically, I cant play games with havoc because they haven't released a plug in for macs yet? Or can I?

#10 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:28 PM

they haven't... :cc_surrender:

#11 marmar

marmar

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:45 AM

I got the games to work for safari but they still don't work for fire fox.. Do you know why?

#12 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 01:04 AM

nope. is there some reason why you favor use of FF over safari?

#13 marmar

marmar

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 01:13 AM

NO.. I thought FF would be faster then safari.
A lot of ppl say it is.
I just downloaded FF on the 8th and its been driving me crazy so if i cant fix my problem soon im just going to get rid of it.
Do u know what folder in macs that i can go to to delete some of the plug ins I downloaded?

#14 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:17 AM

i don't remember. i was reading up on your issue this afternoon, and found a brief description where the stuff was stored. i would go w/safari in your situation. i have found it to be faster than FF, but not as secure for use as my main browser, though things might have changes in the last 6 months...

#15 marmar

marmar

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:52 AM

Do you run on a mac or pc? What browser do you use?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users