#1 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 12:29 AM

Yeh, this is a strange story.

The bed frame on my bed is metal. As i was fixing the PC i got a shock and somehow touching the bed magnified the intensity and the pain!

DO NOT sit next to anything metal children!

Any mad stories?

#2 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 08 May 2006 - 12:31 AM

Always de-charge using a metal piece that connects your PC-casing to your central heating system or the earth of a wallsocket when opening a pc!

on boom:
My PSU blowing up when I light up my system! She just said "boom" and created a flash... then she died luckily without hurting my hardware...

#3 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:37 PM

i used to stick my sisters bobbie pins in the outlets, sometimes id get zapped other times i wouldn't

#4 Linoman

Linoman

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:30 AM

Always ground yourself before opening ones PC. Other wise the static discharge can be not only painful but can fry your pcs

#5 x2p

x2p

Network Security

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Basketball,dj'ing and cars

Posted 10 May 2006 - 10:26 AM

well one piss up prt we connected an old pc to desiel electric motor and run it while setting it on fire with petrol over all advice stay bike,because of the fumes...it went up a treat

#6 RoachycaL

RoachycaL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 04:42 PM

Yes once well about a month ago I was testing LED's and fans with an old power supply and accidently switched the switch from 230V to 110V and it just went BANG! I was also holding the bloody thing at the time - just went everywhere and I just ran out of the room <_< I also couldnt hear properly for the hour or so after that. Its not a nice experience :P

#7 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 04:17 AM

hmm, I wonder what a 220 volt shock like in europe is like to our 110 volt US shock <_<

#8 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:50 AM

Ehm... it's autsj :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users