59 replies to this topic

#31 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:10 AM

had the adaptec already, and the vertex were $129 each (x4), though one has a $20 rebate.

#32 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:58 AM

dang, the new win7 7057 gives a bit more love to the adaptec:

Attached Image: yeah_baby_yeah.png

:friends:

#33 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:46 PM

new firmware flash for the drives today...got my "800" :friends:

Attached Image: kick_ss.png

#34 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2009 - 04:23 AM

#35 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:29 AM

View Postscaramonga, on Mar 14 2009, 09:23 PM, said:

hehe, i know, i am sounding like an xs boie. but i'm not a ghey self aggrandizing nancy boy brit, so the point is moot... :giggle:

#36 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:33 AM

View Postm.oreilly, on Mar 14 2009, 11:29 PM, said:

hehe, i know, i am sounding like an xs boie. but i'm not a ghey self aggrandizing nancy boy brit, so the point is moot... :giggle:

#37 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 15 March 2009 - 04:48 PM

:friends: :giggle:

#38 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:08 AM

Exaggerating ba$$tards!

:giggle:

#39 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:38 AM

View Postscaramonga, on Mar 15 2009, 06:08 PM, said:

Exaggerating ba$tards!

:)

rik, i wasn't referring to you...

:giggle:

#40 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:22 PM

One of the guys over at XS Forums with SSD's on my board using the Intel ICH10 controller :graduated:

Attached Image: LOLZ.jpg

#41 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:15 PM

OCZ OCZSSD2-1VTX30G 2.5" 30GB SATA II SSD for $83 plus free shipping (normally $150 - valid until 3/25. Use rebate form and coupon code EMCLPMX37 for $25 off) only one per customer though

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA

#42 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:56 PM

View Postscaramonga, on Mar 21 2009, 06:22 AM, said:

One of the guys over at XS Forums with SSD's on my board using the Intel ICH10 controller :graduated:

hehe, but can he do this?

Attached Image: wtf.png

intel really did good with the ich10r. really good, but it caps at what the xs boy has (dunno what drives he's using), but the ocz are getting newer FW next week, which will increase the throughput to the point that it would be beyond any onboard solution's capabilities to scale decently (multiple drive situation). that said, i wish i had the ich10r on my board, as it uses system ram to buffer reads and writes (imagine 12 gigs of fast gaming ram for a storage buffer...just super cool) and your OC'ed cpu for the transactions, but as the newer drives develop faster and faster speeds, the only (somewhat) future proofing for system stability (ie, not burning out your chipset) is running on a pci-e card (newer drives will be just flash encrusted cards that plug into an extra pci-e slot), though it sure would be a cheaper solution going onboard (and as luck would have it, the upcoming dual socket i7 boards, following some reasoning that remains unfathomable atm, will use the ich9r...i mean, wtf? lol).

#43 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:13 PM

View PostNvyseal, on Mar 21 2009, 08:15 AM, said:

OCZ OCZSSD2-1VTX30G 2.5" 30GB SATA II SSD for $83 plus free shipping (normally $150 - valid until 3/25. Use rebate form and coupon code EMCLPMX37 for $25 off) only one per customer though

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA

:graduated: man, what a deal!

#44 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:12 AM

View Postm.oreilly, on Mar 21 2009, 03:56 PM, said:

hehe, but can he do this?

Attachment wtf.png

intel really did good with the ich10r. really good, but it caps at what the xs boy has (dunno what drives he's using), but the ocz are getting newer FW next week, which will increase the throughput to the point that it would be beyond any onboard solution's capabilities to scale decently (multiple drive situation). that said, i wish i had the ich10r on my board, as it uses system ram to buffer reads and writes (imagine 12 gigs of fast gaming ram for a storage buffer...just super cool) and your OC'ed cpu for the transactions, but as the newer drives develop faster and faster speeds, the only (somewhat) future proofing for system stability (ie, not burning out your chipset) is running on a pci-e card (newer drives will be just flash encrusted cards that plug into an extra pci-e slot), though it sure would be a cheaper solution going onboard (and as luck would have it, the upcoming dual socket i7 boards, following some reasoning that remains unfathomable atm, will use the ich9r...i mean, wtf? lol).

Only 394 burst rate on your drives tho mo, nearly 3,000 on Intel controller :) I know burst ain't everything lol, but its not damn bad at all as you said.

The Intel Raid is attached via PCIe and has 3Gb per lane via sata connection on this board though. Gonna grab a couple next month when prices drop :graduated:

#45 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:11 AM

rik, i'm not sure you are aware of what you think you are seeing: i'd much rather have sustained throughput @ my speeds (getting closer to a gig) than have lower full time speeds and an erroneously reported ms of 3000 burst (everyone knows that the intel softraid gives highly inaccurate results in these synthetic benches. surprised you hadn't heard this...). my reads and writes have gone beyond the cache available to them on card. i don't think your mobo will efficiently handle more than 3 of these scale wise (though the newer ocz FW out next week is to address onboard raid/storage), but it really doesn't matter, as you will have a very fast storage subsystem none the less.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users