• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 yorkev

yorkev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:25 PM

Hi all, this is my first post on your forum, I found you by accident whilst trying out my 64bit XP. I recently upgraded my O/S to 64 bit XP and having been blown away by it's capabilitys I don't want to go back to 32 bit! My 32bit XP has the vista sidebar intergrated into it which I use all the time. My question is does anyone know if there's a 64bit version of the sidebar out there? cheers Kevin

#2 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:05 PM

i think so. i'm not a sidebar fan, but i believe there is one. christo would know, if he is still around...

#3 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:37 PM

Vista Sidebar for XP

Dunno if it works on 64 bit version though? best read through the whole thread, as I cant be assed doing it :friends: <_<

Oh....and welcome to the board!

:yahoo::)

#4 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:46 AM

Unfortunately, google sidebar isn't compatiable with x64 anymore, so that is out. I used to use Desktop Sidebar (if I remember right) for XP 64. I'll let you know when I find a solution (i'm running XP 64 again).

Edited by Christopholofigus, 28 October 2008 - 12:48 AM.

#5 yorkev

yorkev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:57 PM

View Postm.oreilly, on Oct 27 2008, 09:05 PM, said:

i think so. i'm not a sidebar fan, but i believe there is one. christo would know, if he is still around...

Many thanks my friend cheers!

#6 yorkev

yorkev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:22 PM

View Postscaramonga, on Oct 27 2008, 09:37 PM, said:

Vista Sidebar for XP

Dunno if it works on 64 bit version though? best read through the whole thread, as I cant be assed doing it :friends: <_<

Oh....and welcome to the board!

:yahoo::)

Many thanks for that, I have already tried that sidebar it's not XP64 compatible but it works really well on 32bit! and many thanks for the warm welcome! Kevin

#7 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:24 PM

View Postyorkev, on Oct 28 2008, 02:22 PM, said:

Many thanks for that, I have already tried that sidebar it's not XP64 compatible but it works really well on 32bit! and many thanks for the warm welcome! Kevin
Try http://www.desktopsidebar.com/.

#8 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:44 PM

If it makes you feel any better, MS is doing away with the sidebar all together. In windows 7 your gadgets (ie. clock, calendar) will be right on your desktop

#9 yorkev

yorkev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:10 PM

View PostChristopholofigus, on Oct 28 2008, 12:46 AM, said:

Unfortunately, google sidebar isn't compatiable with x64 anymore, so that is out. I used to use Desktop Sidebar (if I remember right) for XP 64. I'll let you know when I find a solution (i'm running XP 64 again).

Hi and thanks for the reply, I just though that because the 32bit version from Vista has been successfully ported to 32bit XP the same would apply to the 64bit version. I have 64bit Vista installed on my system [I can't get on with it] as well as 64bit XP and 32bit XP of which I would rather use the XP64 now that I've tried it out. I tried installing the sidebar from desktopsidebar.com but it came up with a [.inf] error so I guess it's not 64bit compatible. The website lists the compatible O/S including XP but no mention of 64bit. I'm not giving up yet though! cheers Kevin

#10 yorkev

yorkev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:28 PM

View PostNvyseal, on Oct 28 2008, 09:44 PM, said:

If it makes you feel any better, MS is doing away with the sidebar all together. In windows 7 your gadgets (ie. clock, calendar) will be right on your desktop

Hi and thanks for the info, I haven't looked into windows 7 yet, I guess my thinking is maybe a rehash of Vista is all it's going to be, but thats been unkind! but thanks anyway cheers Kevin

#11 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:29 PM

have you tried editing the .inf (check the txt in it, and also add amdx64 or the like)? i used to do that with gpu drivers...dunno if it will work, but it can't hurt to try...wish i had a concrete answer for ya

#12 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:54 PM

View Postyorkev, on Oct 28 2008, 03:10 PM, said:

Hi and thanks for the reply, I just though that because the 32bit version from Vista has been successfully ported to 32bit XP the same would apply to the 64bit version. I have 64bit Vista installed on my system [I can't get on with it] as well as 64bit XP and 32bit XP of which I would rather use the XP64 now that I've tried it out. I tried installing the sidebar from desktopsidebar.com but it came up with a [.inf] error so I guess it's not 64bit compatible. The website lists the compatible O/S including XP but no mention of 64bit. I'm not giving up yet though! cheers Kevin
I will play with sidebardesktop when I get a chance in the next few day on x64. If it can be done, i'll figure it out.

#13 yorkev

yorkev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:05 PM

View PostChristopholofigus, on Oct 28 2008, 10:54 PM, said:

I will play with sidebardesktop when I get a chance in the next few day on x64. If it can be done, i'll figure it out.

thanks mate! I look forward to your reply cheers Kevin

#14 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:28 AM

View Postyorkev, on Oct 28 2008, 04:05 PM, said:

thanks mate! I look forward to your reply cheers Kevin
Well, i just installed it just fine...my XP 64 is completely updated and has all .dot net framework fixes i believe:

Attached File  sidebar.jpg   1.03MB   26 downloads

Edited by Christopholofigus, 01 November 2008 - 12:29 AM.

#15 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:09 AM

<_< good job christo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users