Who's going to see Harry Potter!!!!!!!!!?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:10 PM

I sure am!! In about three hours I'll be seeing it! My sister went and saw it last night and said it was really awesome!! If your a fan you better get out there!! And even if your not a fan you should go see it anyways cause they really are great movies!! Not just for kids!!!

#2 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:37 PM

Phoenix Breaks Early Records

Midnight previews of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on July 11 brought in a record-breaking $12 million, the most in Hollywood's history for a Wednesday-opening midnight run, Variety reported.

The previous record-holder was The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, which rang up about $8 million in midnight ticket sales in 2003.

As of 12:01 a.m., theaters across the country were free to begin playing the fifth installment in the lucrative Warner Brothers film franchise, based on J.K. Rowling's blockbuster book series.

In terms of the full day, the record for the biggest Wednesday opening is held by Spider-Man 2, which made $40.4 million in 2004. Warner Brothers has a shot at nearing that record with Phoenix, which bowed on a monstrous 9,000 screens domestically.

#3 chriso_86

chriso_86

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:02 AM

I bet this will beat it!! I'm putting in my 6 bucks worth!

#4 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Interests:Anything interesting.

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:23 AM

It already did beat it. It brought in $44.8 million.

I'll see it sometime in a couple weeks probably.

#5 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 13 July 2007 - 02:13 AM

I will do soon :lust:

#6 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:31 AM

I want to see it, but the question is...will i have the time?

#7 chriso_86

chriso_86

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:09 AM

Well, I just got back. And I must say, I FREAKIN LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best Harry Potter movie yet, hands down!!!!!!!! Just when I think they can't get better they do!! I seriously think this series is going to turn out being better than Lord of the Rings and Star Wars (which is saying a lot for a die hard fan) but unlike the others this series has gotten better and better every movie! And, unlike Star Wars, this series actually has kids that can act!! Go see it guys, best movie of the year no questions asked!

#8 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:24 AM

I've never read the books nor seen any of the films but I've been seeing Daniel Radcliffe on the talk show circuits a lot lately. That guy is f'n funny. The 2nd season of Ricky Gervais' "Extras" had an episode in which he played a spoiled brat film star bent on proving his sexual worth. It was a great episode and I laughed my ass off. And as he's been making the U.S. talk show rounds, I've been impressed. That Radcliffe kid is cool and a damn fine actor for such a young man.

#9 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:03 AM

View Postbanj0, on Jul 13 2007, 02:24 AM, said:

I've never read the books nor seen any of the films but I've been seeing Daniel Radcliffe on the talk show circuits a lot lately. That guy is f'n funny. The 2nd season of Ricky Gervais' "Extras" had an episode in which he played a spoiled brat film star bent on proving his sexual worth. It was a great episode and I laughed my ass off. And as he's been making the U.S. talk show rounds, I've been impressed. That Radcliffe kid is cool and a damn fine actor for such a young man.
Yeah, I saw him on Larry King and then Conan yesterday. He's seems pretty cool. I don't think he'll disappear after the Potter films are over.

And Emma Watson (Hermione) was on Conan tonight. :lust: I've read the books. She's not supposed to be that hot. :)

#10 chriso_86

chriso_86

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:37 PM

Yeah, she has "grown into" a hotty!!!

#11 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 02:15 AM

View Postchriso_86, on Jul 13 2007, 06:37 PM, said:

Yeah, she has "grown into" a hotty!!!
Hehe, damn right! As brew said, she's not like that in the books! (at least in the 4 first ones, didn't read the others :lust:) I've read and seen the 4 first ones, I wonder if I should read the fifth before seeing it, but I don't think I'll have the time to finish it before I get to see it... Anyways, I guess it's a good movie but I'm not a big fan, I'll probably go on a tuesday cause they have 5$ specials, I go see almost all movies with my friends on tuesdays.

BTW, Transformers was crap. It had so much potential but wasted it with all those kiddy jokes and the damn gangsta robot...

#12 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 03:14 AM

View Posthog, on Jul 13 2007, 09:15 PM, said:

Hehe, damn right! As brew said, she's not like that in the books! (at least in the 4 first ones, didn't read the others :lust:) I've read and seen the 4 first ones, I wonder if I should read the fifth before seeing it, but I don't think I'll have the time to finish it before I get to see it... Anyways, I guess it's a good movie but I'm not a big fan, I'll probably go on a tuesday cause they have 5$ specials, I go see almost all movies with my friends on tuesdays.
I saw the first 4 movies before reading the books and I still enjoyed them even though I knew what was going to happen. I think the 5th book is the best though, so I'd recommend reading it after the movie at least.

View Posthog, on Jul 13 2007, 09:15 PM, said:

BTW, Transformers was crap. It had so much potential but wasted it with all those kiddy jokes and the damn gangsta robot...
Yeah, the previews didn't look too great. I'll probably skip it.

#13 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:49 AM

Downloading now :lust: :)

#14 David_Heavey

David_Heavey

=IBF2= Cofounder

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:24 AM

View Postscaramonga, on Jul 14 2007, 11:49 AM, said:

Downloading now :lust: :)
God. How can ya'll watch a movie where they use magic wands. Magic f*&king wands ......

#15 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:31 AM

View PostDavid_Heavey, on Jul 15 2007, 05:24 PM, said:

God. How can ya'll watch a movie where they use magic wands. Magic f*&king wands ......
"oh dave, i love 'magic wands'... big ones."
Posted Image

"maybe when you are older, your "wand" will be bigger. maybe..."

:graduated:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users