#1 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts
  • Interests:An abundance :P

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:22 AM

This young man walks into one of those "everything under one roof" stores looking for a job.

He walks in, dressed in a shirt a tie and a jacket. The manager walks over starts talking to the young man and basically interviewing him, in his mind the manager is thinking, this isn't a guy I'd normally hire so he asks the man if he has had any experience in retail, the man replies "No, but I am very versed and I feel that I am well suited for the job, I'm very helpful, patient, and always on my feet." After a few more questions the man decides he'd give the young man a chance.

The next day the young man shows up for his first day of work dressed in a Tie, shirt and jacket, much like what he wore to the interview. The manager tells the young man that he will be watching him sell today. The manager watches him closely and every time he checks on the young man he's in a different department. "Well, this can't be so bad", thought the manager.

At the end of the day the manager asks the young man how he thought he did. "Well I think I did well for my first day but I think there's room for improvement." "How many sales did you make?" asked the manager. "One." replied the young man. "One?" asked the manager, "Normally we require our sales associates to at least make 15-20 sales a day."

"I know and I'll work up to that." replied the young man. "How much was your sale for?" asked the manager out of curiosity. "About $108,456 and some change of course. " "What!?" stumped, the manager demanded to know how he made that much off one sale.

"Well", started the young man, "We were talking over here by the fishing supplies about hooks, and after I found out what he was going to be fishing I told him the new Zebco top of the line reel would be beneficial for his fishing needs, he agreed and after talking to him some more we decided he needed a new sleeping set and survival kit as his was all torn up... after we got him set up we decided he needed a new boat for the type of fishing he'd be doing, so we went over to the boat supplies and got him all set up with the better motor and all that jazz. Well he needed a trailer to put the boat on", said the young man, s"o we got him a trailer and we were just about to send him on his way when he realized he couldn't pull the boat with his honda civic, he needed a truck and nice truck too. So we went down stairs found the right truck added on a nice sport package, a lift kit, roll bars, bigger tires, and some dvd screens to keep the kids entertained, as well as a bigger motor of course and we sent him on his way." "Wow" said the manager, "and you did all that with a man coming in for a fish hook?"

"Ohh no", replied the young man, "he came in for tampons for his wife, I told him his weekend was fucked and he should just go fishing instead!"

:clarky:

#2 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:47 AM

:chrisno: :giggle: :lol: :clarky: :yahoo: :o :rofl:

That hits waaaay too close to home Shadow. Very nice.

#3 Tweak

Tweak

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:19 AM

:clarky: :chrisno: :giggle: :lol:

#4 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator