bluerip

BS Meter embedded, BS attached

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:All things SciFi, Hidden Science,& Hiddin Truth

Posted 16 October 2006 - 02:50 AM

AMD :smoke:
Back when I built my current rig it was all about bang for the buck. I was very happy then and now. And there was always that lingering Intel arrogance thing that bugged me back then. I think I made the best choice B)

#17 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 16 October 2006 - 05:08 AM

View Posttalker, on Oct 15 2006, 01:21 PM, said:

My first AMD CPU was a 5x86-133 (486 system) that I got to a screaming 123 Mhz. I haven't looked back to Intel since. By all accounts, the Conore is the hottest thing on the market and for Intel, I give them the credit they deserve. However, that will not be a factor in my next CPU purchase. I am big on loyalty to things. AMD has always served me well at a price that made TCO more than worth it. I will stay with that thinking even though it may not be the fastest or the greatest. The market jumps back and forth as to who has the greatest and the best. With my point of view, it really does not matter. I will go with AMD getting the most that I can for the money that I have at the time. Perhaps that is a cop out to having to make a decision but for me the decision is already made and that is AMD...talker. :smoke:
Posted ImageI would have to agree with you talker. Ever since my first AMD 1800 (socket A) i have been a huge fan. I absloutely love their x64 processors as well. I hope to be able to upgrade to at least 939 or AM2 soon. I doubt the wife will let me though. Ahh, when i get out of school and have a 'real' job...i want to run a quad core board with X2's on it (if it is even possible) :chriso: .

#18 bluerip

bluerip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 05:21 AM

By the time I will be ready to build my next rig I am looking forward (in my dreams) to an AMD DualQuads running WinWE(whatever)128-bit. Mmmmm maybe 3 or 4 years. What do ya think?

#19 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 05:25 AM

View Postbluerip, on Oct 15 2006, 10:21 PM, said:

By the time I will be ready to build my next rig I am looking forward (in my dreams) to an AMD DualQuads running WinWE(whatever)128-bit. Mmmmm maybe 3 or 4 years. What do ya think?
dual quads: soon
winwe: priceless

#20 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:49 AM

I have to alot of extent, alot of loyalty to amd, I believe they do offer the most bang for the buck, that does not mean they will or always are the faster, just that price, performance is always best. with conroe, I am seeing the price increase while amd cpu's are dropping in price. an that is the way it should be, infact, for shadow or anyone else I seen a venice core 3000 for $55 or even less by now. that should be cheap enough to get. the mother board I found one for, Again, $55 or so, take parts you already have to round it out, makes a very cheap system, but one thing get the ram quick I see the price on DDR going up.

#21 dwflo

dwflo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:36 AM

I have been using AMD after my Intel 486 and Pentium 1 died. A friend recommended the AMD K5, emphasizing the price/performance aspects. Never been dissapointed with any AMD CPU. If Intel was not an M$ clone, and there CPU prices were more competetive, I would consider a Pentium, but I am happy with my AMD64.

Dave

#22 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:30 AM

I've always been an AMD fan. Cost/Benefit of an AMD is always better than an Intel. Conroe is now of course the fastest chip, faster than the Athlon64 FX62... but i would wait a bit more to see what is coming up... AMD rocks ! :cool2: Probably next year i'll try to sell my AthlonXP and build an AM2 rig :chriso: .

#23 Linoman

Linoman

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:37 AM

Well at the moment I am so happy with my new Amd Dual Core X2 setup, I couldn't care that the Intel Conroe is the fastest chip on the market. Although I must be honest I am very happy that the motherboard I chose is AM2 socket. I'll be able to upgrade my PC for a few years.

#24 bluerip

bluerip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 03:44 AM

View PostLinoman, on Oct 16 2006, 04:37 AM, said:

Well at the moment I am so happy with my new Amd Dual Core X2 setup, I couldn't care that the Intel Conroe is the fastest chip on the market. Although I must be honest I am very happy that the motherboard I chose is AM2 socket. I'll be able to upgrade my PC for a few years.

"I'll be able to upgrade my PC for a few years."
16 mths agoI said that to myself about my 939 - ASUS A8N-SLI Premium. Then about 6 mths ago "the wind blew".
(don't mind me. I'm always envious of the latest and greatest) :talker: I'm still enjoying mine. Here's to yours :talker:

#25 Serb-Man

Serb-Man

WindoWs CuStomiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:- Computers<br />- Sports<br />- Looking for nice girls :P<br />- Science and history<br />- Travelling...

Posted 17 October 2006 - 04:49 PM

I was always used to have Intel, I guess it was a more expended industry when I bought my PCs. However, I did play with computers that have an AMD processor (clients, friends...) and it happens that I find both companies are making quality products.

#26 stevenaxe

stevenaxe

Official Vista Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:11 PM

Intel boyy
I've only used intel, don't see why I should change :talker: (yea I just want 2 use this smilie)
i'm actually currently testing the stability of my new system, core 2 duo e6600 oced to 3.11ghz
full load around 36-40 degrees and about 1.32volts
super pi 2 1 million in 17 seconds.

#27 godless

godless

GTA 4 is a ps2 relic with better graphics...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:17 AM

I'm with AMD. The 939 socket at the time I got it, was cheap and affordable, provided good performance, it also destroyed Intel in benchmarks, so it was the obvious choice. Lets not forgot the 939 introduced the nForce 4 mobos which provided solid and stable motherboards with a ton of new features. If I was going to buy a new cpu I'd upgrade what I have (get a new 939 cpu), and then wait for whatever amd is coming out with next.

#28 talker

talker

Being a Priest is not always easy.

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Interests:Ah lets see...gee, I know...computers.

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:41 PM

View Postgodless, on Oct 18 2006, 01:17 AM, said:

I'm with AMD. The 939 socket at the time I got it, was cheap and affordable, provided good performance, it also destroyed Intel in benchmarks, so it was the obvious choice. Lets not forgot the 939 introduced the nForce 4 mobos which provided solid and stable motherboards with a ton of new features. If I was going to buy a new cpu I'd upgrade what I have (get a new 939 cpu), and then wait for whatever amd is coming out with next.

Hi godless, good to see ya here. Welcome aboard. :talker: I will do the same on my next "upgrade". I will stick with AMD and just improve what I have until I hit the lottery...talker. :talker:

#29 godless

godless

GTA 4 is a ps2 relic with better graphics...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 05:05 PM

View Posttalker, on Oct 18 2006, 08:41 AM, said:

Hi godless, good to see ya here. Welcome aboard. :banj0: I will do the same on my next "upgrade". I will stick with AMD and just improve what I have until I hit the lottery...talker. :talker:

Thanks. :talker:

Ya, I just couldnt sell my soul to the trolls at Intel. :rolleyes:

#30 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 18 October 2006 - 05:08 PM

I wouldn't bank on that one Talker. If you do share the wealth that God gives you with those less fortunate. hehehehe

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users