#1 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:41 AM

images/news/hardware.jpg

Kawakami explains that ‘Creative purposefully modified the Audigy drivers to disable some features when Vista is detected, and also purposefully introduced some bugs to prevent some XP utilities from running. I did a complete analysis of the driver to determine where all the checks and bugs were introduced and started modding.’

He lists the features that he’s successfully enabled in the Vista driver, which include:

* Dolby/DTS decoding
* CMSS, CMSS2 and Stereo Surround (originally only CMSS was available, but this setting also affects ALchemy/OpenAL and Kawakami notes that it’s thus particularly useful)
* Advanced EQ and Special FX presets
* DVD Audio
* Hardware MIDI synthesizer (Kawakami says he wrote a small utility that automatically detects and changes the default Vista MIDI Synth during driver install or can change it later using its GUI. Some media players let you choose the MIDI synthesizer)
* Equalizer
* WaveRT

...We’ve still yet to receive any kind of response from Creative about this, but Kawakami says that he’s been told that he can continue with his mods, ‘except the “forbidden” ones, and that he’s also ‘allowed to receive donations.’

Read the whole article HERE

#2 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:29 AM

buy auzentech. drivers work. no "creative license" needed for out of box. god i hate creative...

#3 BlueScreenOfDeath

BlueScreenOfDeath

~* Hardware & Beta Guru *~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:50 PM

View PostNvyseal, on Apr 1 2008, 07:41 PM, said:

<div style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 115%">
...We’ve still yet to receive any kind of response from Creative about this, but Kawakami says that he’s been told that he can continue with his mods, ‘except the “forbidden” ones, and that he’s also ‘allowed to receive donations.’

Read the whole article HERE
</div>

Well considering they got publically ridculed by the entire web , and their stock started falling bad...

Seriously creative just needs to take care of its people..and they cant even do that. I love my X-fi but even now i see it took them 5 driver releases and me being on Onboard sound for a year before they finally got them working

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users