#1 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:31 PM

Posted Image

my Swiftech MCP 355 pump died this morning. if i hadn't set up thermal shutdown in the bios, i would not be typing this. the pump lasted less than 6 months. no warning. complete failure. also sold under Dangerden DDC-12V REV2, these pumps have had a spotted rep at best. chriso, you might double check your bios temp shutdown options: this is especially dangerous if you are water cooling your gpu and chipset(s) in the same loop (the coolant in the portion of tubing connected at the blocks was so hot it was painful to touch...). i feel very lucky that i didn't lose anything. air from now on, i think.҉

#2 RJsPC

RJsPC

Sponge Bob Guru Pants

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:41 PM

I'm running one on my GPU's
This is not comforting news, but I'm glad you didn't loose any hardware over it

#3 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:44 PM

MO, your a lucky man!. And this is why i dont run liquid. I just dont think its perfected yet

#4 David_Heavey

David_Heavey

=IBF2= Cofounder

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:51 PM

Must be something in the air. My thermaltake went belly up on me too just two days ago. But those are shite anyways. My second in six months

#5 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 11:47 PM

these were supposed to be the "improved" model (i've heard apple had these special spec for their macs, and the standard production models are what we find offered in general). the previous series was known for intermittent motor probs, but the new ones were to have such improvements as to put them back in favor. seems they still have bugs... :blink:

View PostDavid_Heavey, on Oct 10 2007, 03:51 PM, said:

Must be something in the air. My thermaltake went belly up on me too just two days ago. But those are shite anyways. My second in six months

sorry to here that dave, sucks big time.

#6 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2007 - 11:47 PM

Lucky boy MO!

Glad I got a Swiftech MCP 655 then :blink:

#7 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 11:53 PM

View Postscaramonga, on Oct 10 2007, 04:47 PM, said:

Lucky boy MO!

Glad I got a Swiftech MCP 655 then :friends:

i had one of those in the parts box, and was attempting to retap it for smaller fittings, when i decided to go ahead and get the 355, with the 3/8 barbs. i should have just rigged up an adapter or the like...live and learn, though i think i'll stick w/ air for awhile. funny thing is, is my temps are now 6 to 8C coller on air... :blink: who woulda thunk...

#8 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 11 October 2007 - 01:47 AM

Mine has been running for almost a year now and no problems yet. Runs just fine. And yes, I always have the auto shut down turned on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users