nabz0r

Untraceable

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Network Security & CS 1.6

Posted 25 December 2008 - 04:35 PM

How's everyong doing?
I was trying to remove office 2003 and install another 2003, due to some problems I got in the first one. But the problem is, when I tried to remove it THIS came up and couldn't remove it. Would anyone tell me how to resolve the prob and remove office? Thanks in advanced guys though!

#2 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 25 December 2008 - 04:45 PM

:cheers: just reinstall 2003 orifice over the first install ,it should come up with a screen asking if u want to modify or uninstall, etc .......I think :roadrunner: in any event just reinstall over the first install into the same folder, should "fix" the prob
:rofl_mini:

#3 nabz0r

nabz0r

Untraceable

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 05:02 PM

View Poststormrosson, on Dec 25 2008, 05:45 PM, said:

:cheers: just reinstall 2003 orifice over the first install ,it should come up with a screen asking if u want to modify or uninstall, etc .......I think :roadrunner: in any event just reinstall over the first install into the same folder, should "fix" the prob
:rofl_mini:

I just did as you've said, and the same prob poped up. PROBLEM :):(

Edited by nabz0r, 25 December 2008 - 05:02 PM.

#4 Tweak

Tweak

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 05:47 PM

Common error, give this a shot and if that don't work then the MS Cleanup Utility might prove useful...but try the link first.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315346

#5 nabz0r

nabz0r

Untraceable

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 06:25 PM

Thanks Tweak! I tried the link but at the method 2, 4th command it says "The system cannot find the the file specified" .. So, I installed Windows Install CleanUp and then a windows poped up when I ran the prog, so I just selected microsoft office and removed it. (I didn't restart my pc). When I wanted to to reinstall the office again it appeared that I've still have the problem. (look up 2nd post "PROBLEM")

Why is it like that anyway? I removed office now and have no office at my desktop, help me out! LOL!

P.S I'll try to restart hope that works!

P.S1 I just restarted but still got the same prob!

Edited by nabz0r, 25 December 2008 - 06:32 PM.

#6 Tweak

Tweak

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 07:55 PM

Combined with the information from the first link add this information and see if it helps. (If all else fails at the least as a temp fix you can snag OpenOffice for free if something has to be done right away)

http://support.micro...kb/903776/en-us

The uninstaller works well in almost all cases http://support.micro...kb/290301/en-us

Few other links that may help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324516

Error Message:
Error 1719. The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. You may be running in safe mode or Windows Installer may not be correctly installed.
Translation:
This message might appear when you’re trying to add or remove a program that installs via a Windows Installer MSI (Microsoft Software Installation) package file. The Windows Installer Service is the standard method for installing and uninstalling software on Windows XP. It keeps track of all of the components that need to be installed for a particular program to run and ensures that any files that are shared by programs are not removed when one of those programs is uninstalled. The Error 1719 is an indication that some Windows Installer Service files are missing or have become damaged.
Solution:
The first thing to try is re-registering Windows Installer in the Windows registry. Make sure that no other programs are running and then click Start, Run, type msiexec /unregister in the Open field, and click OK. Next, click Start, Run, type misexec /regserver in the Open field, and click OK. Restart your computer and try installing or uninstalling again.

If you’re still getting the error message, the next step is to try reinstalling the Windows Installer files. In order to do this, you’ll first need to rename the existing files.

First, click Start, Run, and type msiexec /unregister in the Open field, and click OK.

In My Computer, click Search and locate the following three files: msi.dll, msiexec.exe, and msihnd.dll. They are hidden files so you’ll need to select Search Hidden Files And Folders under More Advanced Options. When you’ve found the files, rename them, by removing the .dll and .exe extensions and replacing them with an .old extension(for example msi.dll becomes msi.old).

Once you’ve renamed the files, WinXP will automatically replace them with a new copy from the dllcache (a hidden folder where copies of important system files are kept in case you mistakenly delete or rename critical system files). Restart your computer and try to install or uninstall the program again.

Finally, if neither of the above processes corrects the problem, boot into Safe Mode, and go through the above steps again, first re-registering and then reinstalling.

http://www.pcauthorities.com/pc-errors/how...9-in-windows-xp

Somewhere in that a solution is possible/probable, you would have been best to restart as it may have added to the issue that you did not, for future reference it is a good idea to restart between such major operations that modify the system, even a complete logoff would suffice so long as it isn't just switching users and leaving the current active. (If you even have more than one user of course)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users