• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 asuga

asuga

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 01:25 AM

I attempted to install the 5304 beta drivers from ati for my X1900XTX on vista build 5342, and it installs, however when vista boots, everything _crawls_, and when i say crawls, i mean at least 10 minutes to even finnish displaying the desktop, and even then the "windows security" box thats onscreen is all white and not responding, has anyone else had a similar problem?
i realise that it's most likely the fault of the driver not being meant for this build but i see this driver being used in the screenies of 5342 thread so im all confused.

it really shouldnt be going this slow, especially on the comp im using..

Asus A8R32-MVP delux
AMD FX60
Sapphire radeon x1900xtx (i do have the crossfire card too but it's being rma'd atm..
3gb mushkin dual channel ddr
using the onboard sound (which works under vista) since the drivers for my aureon 7.1 dont seem to work.

any ideas?

#2 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 01:27 AM

mmm, well firstly i don't know much about graphics drivers but try getting the correct driver from ATI if its there to get.

#3 asuga

asuga

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 01:38 AM

the vista 5304 beta driver is the only vista-based driver available for radeon cards, unless someone has had any luck using xp 64 drivers or something similar?

#4 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 01:47 AM

I took a quick look on ATI's site, and found 5308 Vista drivers which includes your card. These are the drivers im running on my system using build 5342 and do not have that problem. My card is a ATI AIW Pro 9700

Are these the same drivers you are using?

#5 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts
  • Interests:An abundance :P

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:03 AM

When rev gets done d/ling I'll dual boot and tell ya how my 9550 does :unsure:

Edited by ShadowFox, 07 April 2006 - 02:04 AM.

#6 asuga

asuga

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:25 AM

View PostNvyseal, on Apr 7 2006, 02:47 AM, said:

I took a quick look on ATI's site, and found 5308 Vista drivers which includes your card. These are the drivers im running on my system using build 5342 and do not have that problem. My card is a ATI AIW Pro 9700

Are these the same drivers you are using?
the exact same, ATI_5308.EXE
Not entirely sure what the problem is, im starting to think its because i installed catalyst control center as well as the driver, or if it's just some bug with PCIe based cards in this build?.
I've applied to the ati beta testing, it's an extremely long shot, but hey, i said the same thing when i applied to test windows software :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users