• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:38 AM

stick it to the man, banj :cheers:

#32 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:46 AM

I agree with banj0 and Mr Heavey (not one to stir an argument lol) but I am open on this 'moon' thing in a way. 2 questions I need answered.

1. Technology in that day was pretty damn poor, OK, Concord was born and was a marvel, but flew with no computer tech whatsoever, compared to today's flying machines that is, I cannot believe that one could go further without further technology in that day.

2. Why has there been no 'return'? Even just to prove the sceptics wrong? We have much more tech than we had in the 60/70's era, shuttle missions constantly running and costing millions of dollars etc. I find it very suspicious that it's practically a 'thing' that happened in the 'past' and nothing following. Now, images were pretty poor then also, but we now have digital camcorders and cameras, that is surely worth a 'return' in its own right?

It's a strange one is the moon landings.

:cheers:

#33 David_Heavey

David_Heavey

=IBF2= Cofounder

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:58 AM

View Postscaramonga, on Apr 1 2009, 05:46 AM, said:

2 questions I need answered.

1. Technology in that day was pretty damn poor, OK, Concord was born and was a marvel, but flew with no computer tech whatsoever, compared to today's flying machines that is, I cannot believe that one could go further without further technology in that day.

2. Why has there been no 'return'? Even just to prove the sceptics wrong? We have much more tech than we had in the 60/70's era, shuttle missions constantly running and costing millions of dollars etc. I find it very suspicious that it's practically a 'thing' that happened in the 'past' and nothing following. Now, images were pretty poor then also, but we now now have digital camcorders and cameras, that is surely worth a 'return' in its own right?

It's a strange one is the moon landings.

Amen :rofl_mini:

#34 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:03 AM

we wnt back quite a few times
it just cost so much, for so little (a bunch of guys walking around up there, when a robot can bring stuff back. though again, we didnt have the robot tech like we do today
. hey, simple nav computer, line of sight, and a ton of propellant will get you there. have you seen the actual landing sequence? they were running low on fuel, and they had to put it down. ended bending up part of the landing gear, and when they hit, they were out of gas on the landing stage. not very slick, but it worked

#35 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:11 AM

View Postscaramonga, on Apr 1 2009, 12:46 AM, said:

1. Technology in that day was pretty damn poor

Including CGI which hadn't even been invented yet. Better yet, how can we know that Earth is round? I mean, you do know that Heliocentrism is "just a theory," right? No? You think Earth orbits the Sun? On what basis? LMFAO, everybody knows that the Sun and every planet revolves around the Earth.....

Um, wait....you don't? Or you do? B...b...b...b...but you haven't actually seen it happen....

scaramonga said:

2. Why has there been no 'return'? Even just to prove the sceptics wrong? We have much more tech than we had in the 60/70's era, shuttle missions constantly running and costing millions of dollars etc. I find it very suspicious that it's practically a 'thing' that happened in the 'past' and nothing following. Now, images were pretty poor then also, but we now now have digital camcorders and cameras, that is surely worth a 'return' in its own right?:

You do know that a 500 Sterling Telescope would let you see the flag with your own eyes, yes?

Edited by banj0, 01 April 2009 - 05:13 AM.

#36 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:13 AM

View Postm.oreilly, on Apr 1 2009, 06:03 AM, said:

we wnt back quite a few times
it just cost so much, for so little (a bunch of guys walking around up there, when a robot can bring stuff back. though again, we didnt have the robot tech like we do today
. hey, simple nav computer, line of sight, and a ton of propellant will get you there. have you seen the actual landing sequence? they were running low on fuel, and they had to put it down. ended bending up part of the landing gear, and when they hit, they were out of gas on the landing stage. not very slick, but it worked

I seen that film mo, it was called 'Armageddon' :cheers: as in 'fiction', kinda like today with these supposed moon landings?.......lol?

#37 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:15 AM

View Postbanj0, on Apr 1 2009, 06:11 AM, said:

You do know that a 500 Sterling Telescope would let you see the flag with your own eyes, yes?

Yes, lol, but how do I even know that telescope is even there? :cheers: :rofl_mini:

#38 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:20 AM

Ah, metaphysics as a retort to science. Classic strawman. Poorly played my friend. lol No wonder I don't see you in our chessroom. You'd be eaten alive.

"Check."

'King Me'

"Ummm, we're playing chess, not checkers."

#39 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:22 AM

View Postscaramonga, on Mar 31 2009, 10:13 PM, said:

I seen that film mo, it was called 'Armageddon' :cheers: as in 'fiction', kinda like today with these supposed moon landings?.......lol?
nah, rough footage and the worried voices of armstrong and aldrin trying to make sure they didn't screw the pooch. telemetry was all over the place (ie, if you had a big dish, you could get it), so it wasn't like a private party. wasnt as gracefull as they wanted, but he had his hand on the abort to lose the landing stage and go back up right until the leg probs sunk in the dirt.

#40 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:33 AM

I'll tell you what I think Mr B, just from my point of view that is :cheers:

The world used to be a very small place back then, and the USA had to stamp its authority pretty damn well after losing a worthless war (remind you of something) in Vietnam :rofl_mini: Times were hard and someone (who cares who) came up with a 'let's get oh so powerful image' to get us back on track, and once again. put fear into our enemies (this was, after all, still the 'cold war' times) Russia was a big feared enemy in they days. The USA landing on the moon would show the WORLD that it had the tech and might to do so, brilliant idea, but now flawed :rofl_mini:

That is what I think happened, now I cant prove it, but I do think its more realistic than saying in 1969, men landed on the moon :giggle:

#41 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:39 AM

the russians had great big dishes and techs. they knew what was going on. was the moon stuff science? kinda...was it a big hurray for the usa industrial dynasty? sure. men landed on the moon, not just usa...men. some ladies would be nice too

#42 eniparadoxgma

eniparadoxgma

Thomas S. Arashikage

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:41 AM

So people landing on the moon is too "wacky" to believe, but a conspiracy on an all out global scale in which such an event was staged and every astronomer and scientist in the world (including all of those with an anti-American bias that would be chomping at the bit to be able to discredit the U.S. in this way) are either keeping this hush-hush or have had the wool pulled over their eyes...isn't?

#43 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:42 AM

moon program was going way before vietnam. i had seen mockups of the apollo service module in '63

#44 eniparadoxgma

eniparadoxgma

Thomas S. Arashikage

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:42 AM

P.S. If anyone states the Holocaust was a hoax I won't be returning to this thread.

Carry on.

#45 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:46 AM

View Posteniparadoxgma, on Apr 1 2009, 06:42 AM, said:

P.S. If anyone states the Holocaust was a hoax I won't be returning to this thread.

Carry on.

It was a hoax to get men on the moon.

BYE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users