24 replies to this topic

#16 TheBearLT

TheBearLT

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:49 AM

Ha. Nod32 has Lame piracy protection... After 30 days of Trial, just reinstall application, delete whats left in registry, delete all Eset created folders in my Computer, run trash reg..

Install Nod32 again... and wuila.. you have 30 Trial days again..

Btw ESETs security suite quite sucking.. I mean that stupid and Uncomfortable Firewall, I better stick to my Agnitum+Nod32.. Still the latest Agnitum 2008 sux too, has too many bugs, at least for now. !

Cheers :giggle:

#17 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:11 AM

View Postbluerip, on Dec 20 2007, 10:30 PM, said:

I think the 3 mth trial is no longer there.
http://www.betterant...s.com/download/
is where it was, but now it back to 30 days. :friends:
well, i missed the boat. again... :giggle:

#18 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 21 December 2007 - 09:58 AM

Spybot SD all the way...

~ edited ~

#19 TheBearLT

TheBearLT

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:39 PM

View Postm.oreilly, on Dec 21 2007, 09:11 AM, said:

well, i missed the boat. again... :giggle:

Wait.. I now remember when they was giving out three moths trial... it was when NOD32, and ESET Security Suit was in beta.. (even in Release Candidate Beta Version)

Cheers ^_^

#20 Tweak

Tweak

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 04:36 PM

Eset Smart Security does indeed run silently, Firewall dpending on how you set it up can be lacking as opposed to others, IS NOT as strong at detection as Nod32 AV is though, so far the only major gripe is that fact, Nod32 AV will detect a malicious threat better, especially inside of .zip and .rar files, Smart Security doesn't scan as deep I suppose you could say, even with max protection enabled. BitDefender has always gotten pretty good mention and looks nice...kinda curious how it compares to Eset head to head.

#21 bluerip

bluerip

BS Meter embedded, BS attached

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:All things SciFi, Hidden Science,& Hiddin Truth

Posted 28 December 2007 - 04:55 AM

huh. :)
well so far so good for me. I haven't noticed anything less about the 64-bit ESET Security Suite. The av and firewall are doing the job and still the anti-malware is catching everything before my other spywareware apps have a chance. Actually I am very close to "wow"! :)

#22 Tweak

Tweak

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 06:49 PM

View Postbluerip, on Dec 27 2007, 11:55 PM, said:

huh. :)
well so far so good for me. I haven't noticed anything less about the 64-bit ESET Security Suite. The av and firewall are doing the job and still the anti-malware is catching everything before my other spywareware apps have a chance. Actually I am very close to "wow"! :)

If you test Nod32 AV on the eicar test file site it detects better than the Smart Security, the av alone detected the different zipped/rarred files better than the Smart Security which didn't stop it. Standard av won't allow it to be saved as it is nuetralized before that is possible, not smart security, maybe a better name would be reasonably intellegent security, but I still like and use anyways.

#23 bluerip

bluerip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:57 AM

View PostTweak, on Dec 28 2007, 10:49 AM, said:

If you test Nod32 AV on the eicar test file site it detects better than the Smart Security, the av alone detected the different zipped/rarred files better than the Smart Security which didn't stop it. Standard av won't allow it to be saved as it is nuetralized before that is possible, not smart security, maybe a better name would be reasonably intellegent security, but I still like and use anyways.

Thanx Tweak. I'm checking into that. :dribble:

OK. I downloaded the 4 test files then scanned them all - which smart security found and so I quarantined them. I don't have NOD32 installed any more. How was it different in its handling?

Edited by bluerip, 31 December 2007 - 05:22 AM.

#24 Tweak

Tweak

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:45 AM

View Postbluerip, on Dec 30 2007, 11:57 PM, said:

Thanx Tweak. I'm checking into that. :dribble:

OK. I downloaded the 4 test files then scanned them all - which smart security found and so I quarantined them. I don't have NOD32 installed any more. How was it different in its handling?

I have Nod on one pc and Smart Sec on the other, both fully updated and set to scan for all things, hueritics on/high, when testing all of the files on the eicar site with Smart Sec it allowed downloading the files, some at least, but when I used Nod it wouldn't even allow them to be saved, it was already seen and dealt with prior to actually being able to save to the hdd.

#25 bluerip

bluerip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 05:44 AM

View PostTweak, on Dec 31 2007, 05:45 PM, said:

I have Nod on one pc and Smart Sec on the other, both fully updated and set to scan for all things, hueritics on/high, when testing all of the files on the eicar site with Smart Sec it allowed downloading the files, some at least, but when I used Nod it wouldn't even allow them to be saved, it was already seen and dealt with prior to actually being able to save to the hdd.

Got it. Thanx again :dribble:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users