4 replies to this topic

#1 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:49 PM

Not to make all of you feel horrible about the gifts you gave your wife, but you see this telescope? Some guy made this by hand for his wife. And no, his name wasn't Copernicus.

Posted Image

I received the most special gift this Christmas. My husband, Chris, was holed up in our garage most nights since November, feverishly working on a secret project for me. He's never attempted woodworking before, but tackled this project with absolute determination. I'm a huge space geek, and have been fascinated with the night sky almost all of my life. I've talked of wanting a good telescope, and it would have been very easy for him to just make a stop by the store to pick one up. That he spent weeks working on this for me makes it the most special gift I've ever received.

Watching him get so excited about the project's progress and work through difficulties and come up with ingenious solutions of his own was so much fun. My only disappointment was that I couldn't be out in the garage working with him. When he unveiled the telescope on Christmas Eve, I was stunned and very excited. When I looked through the eye piece and gazed upon the moon - crystal clear and full of gorgeous craters - I started crying.

So I ask you guys, what did you give/make the Wife for Christmas? MO? Christo? Camaro?

Via: Make

#2 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:05 PM

:( Amazing X. This year we (the Mrs. and I) decided on just allotting money to each other for purchasing our own gift. I did get her a Starbucks giftcard and printed up some "I Love You" cd's (4) that I have yet to put love songs on:

Attached Image: CD1.png

Oh, I got myself a PS3 for X-mas and my friend bought me Demon's Souls for it. Amazing game BTW. I think she is planning on getting a piano or going clothes shopping with her monies. I even offered my money (before pulling the trigger on the PS3) to go towards a piano, but she refused. What a wonderful woman! *hug*

#3 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:04 AM

I keep fixing her car, computer, you name it. :giggle: :( really We did not do much, other then watch our boys open presents. Here is my youngest happily opening some.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:35 AM

hehe, wonderful cam :(

dave, that scope is the bomb diggity! i was at one time thinking of doing one, grinding my own mirror, etc. i'm putting a new rig together for patty, modded an old case to get it ready for new guts, nothing fancy. giving her a one way ticket out of town would have been better overall. maybe next year, or for her birthday (or mine)...

#5 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:50 AM

Really cool gifts all! Mostly i see the love given in the gift, not what the cost is. Great going guys!

Thanks for sharing the pics Cam, and good to see you, even if its just once a year. Hope to see more of you :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users