9 replies to this topic

#1 scaramonga

scaramonga

CALLING ALL STATIONS

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:29 AM

images/news/apple.jpgSteve Jobs has passed away. It was not long ago that he stepped down from Apple after a career that anyone could be proud of. Unfortunately, his career was cut short after several battles with different medical issues that forced him to eventually step down as CEO. Apple has issued the following statement:

We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve Jobs passed away today.

Steve’s brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve.

His greatest love was for his wife, Laurene, and his family. Our hearts go out to them and to all who were touched by his extraordinary gifts.

No matter if you never owned a single Apple product or bought each new product the company came out, the entire industry benefited from his bold style and even more ambitious plans. Steve Jobs' not only saved a company from the brink of bankruptcy but he turned that company into the most valuable company in the World. He is a leader that anyone can admire, a true visionary of our time.

Flags today were flying at half mast at Apple HQ, in tribute to Steve. Tim Cook said today that "No words could adequately express our sadness at Steve Jobs' death."

ABC News

#2 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:09 AM

a good read right about now:

http://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Valley-In...y/dp/0596007191

he had amassed so many talented people that played off one another to develop what they did. i never liked him, but he pursued his vision, and that i envy.

#3 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:32 AM

View Postm.oreilly, on Oct 5 2011, 07:09 PM, said:

he had amassed so many talented people that played off one another to develop what they did. i never liked him, but he pursued his vision, and that i envy.

Wow dude, I couldn't have said it any better. On that, Godspeed Steve.

#4 scaramonga

scaramonga

CALLING ALL STATIONS

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:26 AM

Never liked him, but he was taken from this world by one of life's horrible diseases, awful, so RIP.

#5 cpu_hero

cpu_hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:24 PM

I'm sad he died. He pretty much invented the home computer - a generation of obesity thanks you :eniparadoxgma:

No, in all seriousness, this is a sad day for the World - he will be missed. Its sad that most people who miss him drool and cant chew food properly, but nonetheless he has many mentally disabled pc users around the World (we call them Apple enthusiasts). He's also converted a large number of straight girls into gamers :cc_surrender:

I'm serious, I'm sad he died. Humor is just how I deal with it.... Hope he went peacefully

#6 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:13 AM

It was surely a big loss :eniparadoxgma:

#7 cpu_hero

cpu_hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:47 AM

Steve Jobs Commencement Speech 2005

He talks about his cancer halfway through, and his life all the way through. Really sad video.

A great man died, and the World shook.

#8 scaramonga

scaramonga

CALLING ALL STATIONS

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:03 AM

View Postcpu_hero, on Oct 13 2011, 04:47 AM, said:

A great man died, and the World shook.

Shook me. I've switched to Android :)

Samsung Galaxy S II arrived today :giggle:, and loving every minute of it. So great to be 'unrestricted' and not tied to iBloatTunes.

I OWN my smartphone Steve, so long :scara:

#9 cpu_hero

cpu_hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:45 AM

View Postscaramonga, on Oct 14 2011, 06:03 AM, said:

Shook me. I've switched to Android :)

Samsung Galaxy S II arrived today :giggle:, and loving every minute of it. So great to be 'unrestricted' and not tied to iBloatTunes.

I OWN my smartphone Steve, so long :scara:

Asus has this tablet called the Asus Transformer. Its not as fast an iPad, but its supposed to be way better then the Galaxy. I want one soo bad. You check out the Transformer?

#10 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:28 AM

Steve was an amazing person. He changed the mobile world, helped shape home computing and helped change the music/media world too. All of the good bad and ugly was needed to get to where we are today. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users