11 replies to this topic

#1 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:27 AM

couple hours late but yesterday and tonight are blurring together.

Joke from reddit: (sic) is his/hers

"After the first day of a world brewing convention in the states, the CEO's of various brewing organisations retire to the bar.

Bruce, the CEO of Fosters, shouts to the barman: "In 'Straiyla, we make the best beer in the world, so pour me a Fosters mate.

Bob, CEO of Budweiser calls out next: "In the States we brew the finest beer known to mankind and i make the king of them all. Gimme a Bud".

Hans steps up next: "In Germany we invented das beer. Give me ein Becks, der real King of beers."

Paddy, CEO of Guinness steps forward: "Barman give me a diet coke with ice and lemon please."

The others stare at him in stunned silence, amazement written over their faces. Eventually Bruce asks: "Are you not going to have a Guinness Pat?"

To which Paddy replies "Well, if you pussies aren't drinking, then neither am I".

#2 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:41 AM

Well, I kicked back about 4 Irish Car Bombs to celebrate...and it only took me 5 minutes to replay to this message...and using firefox's spellchecker.

#3 David_Heavey

David_Heavey

=IBF2= Cofounder

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:23 AM

Man I was drunk ... suffering now :(

#4 scaramonga

scaramonga

CALLING ALL STATIONS

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:09 PM

View PostDavid_Heavey, on Mar 18 2010, 10:23 AM, said:

Man I was drunk ... suffering now :(

Couple of pints of Guinness will cure that Dave :D

:(

#5 David_Heavey

David_Heavey

=IBF2= Cofounder

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:00 PM

I'm a Murphy's man myself :(

#6 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:36 AM

View Postbanj0, on Mar 17 2010, 11:27 PM, said:

couple hours late but yesterday and tonight are blurring together.

Joke from reddit: (sic) is his/hers

"After the first day of a world brewing convention in the states, the CEO's of various brewing organisations retire to the bar.

Bruce, the CEO of Fosters, shouts to the barman: "In 'Straiyla, we make the best beer in the world, so pour me a Fosters mate.

Bob, CEO of Budweiser calls out next: "In the States we brew the finest beer known to mankind and i make the king of them all. Gimme a Bud".

Hans steps up next: "In Germany we invented das beer. Give me ein Becks, der real King of beers."

Paddy, CEO of Guinness steps forward: "Barman give me a diet coke with ice and lemon please."

The others stare at him in stunned silence, amazement written over their faces. Eventually Bruce asks: "Are you not going to have a Guinness Pat?"

To which Paddy replies "Well, if you pussies aren't drinking, then neither am I".
hahaha, very good. i'm hooked on newcastle, and if i can get it , sam smith's oatmeal stout (to die for oh god!). would love to try a murphys., but i live in a one horse town, so i'd have to travel to the big city and hunt them down...

#7 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:11 AM

MO, you gotta try that Widmer Hefeweizen. It's sublime.

#8 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:26 AM

View Postbanj0, on Mar 19 2010, 10:11 PM, said:

MO, you gotta try that Widmer Hefeweizen. It's sublime.
i know. i used to be hooked on corona, and a wonderful, sweeter south american pilsner, which required a citrus fruit wedge for the desirable effect. these are summertime sublimes, so i'll be looking up the W this week (it's been over 80F here, dang, perfect citrus augmented beer weather!).

#9 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:13 AM

Said it before, I'll say it again---I don't go for those pansy drinks, I'm a fisherman. But with Widmer, you need the lemon slice floating on top to really experience it.

(And for those playing the home game, Koke Winter is the source of that quote. He was a well-known Western US fly-fisher that broke his leg in 4 places while climbing down a scree slope in Colorado. When he went to the doctor, weeks later, the cameras were on him and the doc asked him how the skiing was. Koke replied, "I don't go in for sissy sports, I'm a fly-fisherman.")

#10 eniparadoxgma

eniparadoxgma

Thomas S. Arashikage

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:50 PM

Banj0 turned me onto that Widmere and I have to agree that it is some really good stuff.

However, my current love remains Hoegaarden. I love me some white ale. This one is served with a slice o'orange.

Also wanted to add that I'm with David. I prefer Murphy's to Guinness. Always have.

Edited by eniparadoxgma, 20 March 2010 - 10:52 PM.

#11 David_Heavey

David_Heavey

=IBF2= Cofounder

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:17 AM

View Posteniparadoxgma, on Mar 20 2010, 10:50 PM, said:

Also wanted to add that I'm with David. I prefer Murphy's to Guinness. Always have.

:(

#12 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:18 AM

you city slickers get all the good beers... :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users