#76 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 04:25 PM

View PostTweak, on Jun 20 2008, 09:12 AM, said:

I used to use Roboform but now I just use the Opera wand feature and autocomplete forms setup and am fine with it. :friends:

Using the Wand, you can save usernames and passwords from websites.

When you enter a username and password into a webpage, the Wand will automatically ask you if you want to save it. The next time you want to log in to this page, press the Wand button in the Address bar or Ctrl+Enter in the password form to make the Wand fill in the username and password and log you in automatically.

Combined with Fast Forward, you will often see that the Forward button in the Address bar changes to a "Log in" button. This means that you can simply press the "Log in" button or use the keyboard shortcut or mouse gesture for Forward to log in using the Wand.

If you do not wish to use the Wand, you can disable it in Tools > Preferences > Wand (Mac: Opera > Preferences > Wand) by unchecking "Let the Wand remember passwords".
And since you are a FF user you know about having to add to your browser to make it work...there are two password widgets also out for Opera that may help, wand for me works fine though.

http://widgets.opera.com/widget/8912/
http://widgets.opera.com/widget/6836/

It sure would be nice if someone would write a guide of their own experiences and tips and tricks for Opera in our guides section :pray:

#77 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 04:35 PM

View PostNvyseal, on Jun 20 2008, 09:25 AM, said:

It sure would be nice if someone would write a guide of their own experiences and tips and tricks for Opera in our guides section :friends:

best idea so far :pray:

#78 talker

talker

Being a Priest is not always easy.

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Interests:Ah lets see...gee, I know...computers.

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:05 PM

View Poststormrosson, on Jun 20 2008, 09:49 AM, said:

:pray: Hey MOcephus, as u know I haven't quite managed to get server 08 installed (but will soon) however in XP64 FF3 runs and launches fine and easily as quick and nimble as FF2 so maybe it's a bug with server 08 or maybe it just can't stand intel xeon's .... :friends:

Hi Storm,
I tried FF3 on Server '08 and it ran fine. I even did a one to one, side by side with XP x64 SP2 and Server '08 SP1 and there was little or no difference. Of course, my Server '08 is running on an AMD system but perhaps that makes no difference...hee hee ;)

Edited by talker, 20 June 2008 - 06:06 PM.

#79 Tweak

Tweak

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 12:55 AM

I can understand the tut reference however a few things...if no one here cares to use it why bother...and it installed by default already is loaded with options...IF additional things are wanted like my ability to launch applications there are SO many possibilities and already published info that the best thing honestly is to take the info and copy it here and cite the original pages from which it was pulled, that is much more logical and can happen....if anyone actually took the time to spend a week or two adjusting Opera to their likings and seeing what it can do.

#80 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:28 AM

1. if no one here cares to use it why bother

Maybe we need to be educated. We're asking a seasoned Opera user to show us the ropes to make it easier for us to try the browser. Up until today i didnt know it was a proprietary browser.

2. IF additional things are wanted like my ability to launch applications there are SO many possibilities and already published info that the best thing honestly

So i guess we should believe everything Paul T., Ron P., Martha S., etc. say. I like hearing a take on something from someone i know, and has experienced it first hand and recommends it.

3. the best thing honestly is to take the info and copy it here and cite the original pages from which it was pulled,that is much more logical and can happen

Now where is the personal touch in that. I could go to google and pull up 1000's of pages from idiots who probably never used Opera, but went online and took the info and copied it onto their page and cited the original pages from which it was pulled. A personal take on something is always refreshing, and all in one place.

4. if anyone actually took the time to spend a week or two adjusting Opera to their likings and seeing what it can do.

I for one would read your review, along with many others (just take a look at our guides and review section view count) and would take the time to tweak Opera to see if it appeals to me. Im sure others here would appreciate the efforts you would put into your review. Some Pics would be nice, especially a side by side comparison of the added desktop area you gain using Opera vs FF or IE. Pics are worth 1000 words.

#81 RJsPC

RJsPC

Sponge Bob Guru Pants

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:59 AM

I use (and have for some time) Opera, FF 2/3, IE 6/7 (need to do this for web development purposes)

I'll try and find time over the week end to post my view of them
I'm not one to do reviews, as I just don't care to give it the time, so if I do post one, don't expect much more than my perspective (I wont do a tutorial, sorry)
Honestly, they all have ups and downs, and each is better in some area than the other, though I do use FF (now 3) as my default browser

#82 RJsPC

RJsPC

Sponge Bob Guru Pants

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:35 AM

on second thought this is an absurd notion for me
My intension's are good, but I'm just to flaky, so I'll back out now rather than have anyone waiting on a review
I'm sorry I even posted the idea, maybe it's just to hot, and I had to many beers

I think they all work good, and I like FF more than the others, thats about where I stand
and thats just because I'm used to FF, and the way I interact with it

So there's my review
As for a tutorial, well, just F around with one lone enough, and you'll figure out how to use it the way that suits you best

I feel like I've acquired some sort of attitude so I'll just quit typing now, my bad :friends:

#83 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 04:04 AM

View PostRJsPC, on Jun 20 2008, 08:35 PM, said:

My intension's are good, but I'm just to flaky, so I'll back out now rather than have anyone waiting on a review
I'm sorry I even posted the idea, maybe it's just to hot, and I had to many beers

I think they all work good, and I like FF more than the others, thats about where I stand

So there's my review
As for a tutorial, well, just F around with one lone enough, and you'll figure out how to use it the way that suits you best

I feel like I've acquired some sort of attitude so I'll just quit typing now, my bad :friends:
We're going to let Tweak do the opera one, i have a different (more hardware oriented) review in line for you. Just keep your panties on :pray:

#84 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 04:06 AM

who let this guy in?

:friends: :pray:

#85 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 04:27 AM

View PostRJsPC, on Jun 20 2008, 10:35 PM, said:

So there's my review

HAHA that is so exactly like me! I'm thinking mess around with it like everyone else, and if you don't take the time to try it well don't tell others it's bad cause you just didn't give it time. I think that sentence is kinda weird. Bed time I guess.

#86 Tweak

Tweak

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:11 AM

RJ I am pretty much in agreement, I said the tutorial should say two words really...."Install it". And I think I suck at reviews as well...but I will say that I will TRY to put something together, I have created a tutorial actually that some might like, it is for a specific result that some may not care for, but that will definitely be included I think at this point...we'll see what I can come up with though hopefully soon.

#87 RJsPC

RJsPC

Sponge Bob Guru Pants

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:38 AM

View Postm.oreilly, on Jun 20 2008, 09:06 PM, said:

who let this guy in?

:friends: :pray:

;)

#88 RJsPC

RJsPC

Sponge Bob Guru Pants

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:40 AM

View PostNvyseal, on Jun 20 2008, 09:04 PM, said:

We're going to let Tweak do the opera one, i have a different (more hardware oriented) review in line for you. Just keep your panties on ;)

;)

:pray:

:friends:

:lust:

#89 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 21 June 2008 - 02:39 PM

View Postscaramonga, on Jun 18 2008, 11:42 AM, said:

Remember to tweak network settings for maximum speed, such as turning on pipelining etc., as in version 2 ;)

Type about:config in http bar, set as follows:

Posted Image
:lust:
:friends: Oh hell yeah Rik that little tune up you listed above made a noticeable diff, and I thought it was runnin good before.....now it screams...thx bro :pray:

Edited by stormrosson, 21 June 2008 - 02:41 PM.

#90 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 04:11 PM

View Poststormrosson, on Jun 21 2008, 07:39 AM, said:

:friends: Oh hell yeah Rik that little tune up you listed above made a noticeable diff, and I thought it was runnin good before.....now it screams...thx bro ;)
i just installed it at work, and used the "tweaks". runs super here :pray:
now if i can just get over safari at home, i'll try No.3 again...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users