#1 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

http://www.theverge....update-low-cost

unveiled by ZDNet, the update on the Windows side, due in mid-2013, will include UI changes and alterations to the entire platform and pricing. We’re told that Microsoft is aiming to make Windows Blue the next OS that everyone installs. The approach is simple, Microsoft will price its next Windows release at a low cost or even free to ensure users upgrade.

Windows 9 might not be Microsoft's next version of Windows. Instead, 'Blue' could be the interim release that shows up first.
http://www.zdnet.com...lue-7000002535/

The word seems to be, whichever it is, that Microsoft is moving away from the big-bang Windows release schedule to which it typically has adhered, and is now attempting to move toward something more like what Apple does, with point releases. I'll be curious if Blue eventually gets a version number, like Windows 8.1 or 8.5 or something. And if we'll see Blue materializes in the summer of 2013, as I've heard from some of my contacts....

:dull:

#2 eniparadoxgma

eniparadoxgma

Thomas S. Arashikage

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

If it removes Metro then I'm all for it.

And if we'll see Blue materializes in the summer of 2013, as I've heard from some of my contacts....

Why do so many people writing in the tech industry have such a tenuous grasp of the English language? This kind of thing irks me to no end. If I ever come into some money I'm going to fly around the globe and punch people that publish articles with obvious spelling and grammatical errors right in their frickin' faces!

:-)

#3 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:07 AM

Hi ! I've been playing with Blue for a week and I liked what I saw so far. Smaller memory footprint, more options in Metro Settings, IE11, new way to rename and configure tiles, small tiles, references to a thing called BaseFS. I'm running it on a 2GB VM and performance is good. In addiction it can be activated, what doesn't mean anything ...lol...

Attached Files

• Attached File  Blue.png   293.11K   4 downloads

#4 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:19 AM

Windows 8.1 build 6.3.9375 is out there
Posted Image

#5 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

hey, missed this! cool! thanks for posting those up!

#6 othman11

othman11

head redneck

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

My question is....Where is the desk top? Metro is great with a touch screen, but next to useless in a business or power user setting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users