12 replies to this topic

#1 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 10:53 PM

Nintendo have been quiet for sometime now, it almost seemed that Sony and Xbox where the two giants...so Nintendo have decided to release a console.

Its unclear when it will be around or even what its main features are really, but for a start, how does Bluetooth support, a cool joypad that detects motion sound?

The Nintendo Revolution isn't about yet, but at least they will be able to watch what mistakes and good ideas come from the Xbox and Sony.

Titles like Mario are expected to return and even some older classics.

(i wonder if Nintendo will ditch the old game cartridge? :P )

Keep watching!

#2 clarky3429

clarky3429

No I will not fix your computer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 01:58 AM

they already have ditched the cartridge with the game cube havnt they? i like it more than the other consoles in my prefrence, but they need something new...

#3 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts
  • Interests:An abundance :P

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:28 AM

PONG BRING BACK PONG, THEN I'll by a nintendo system, or Metroid that was the GREATEST game of all times for Nintendo :P

There was one game I never beat, for the old NES system, I think it was called Shadow Gate, it's around here somewhere...

#4 clarky3429

clarky3429

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:23 PM

i owned that game, the music used to give me nightmares, and i too could never complete it (i was only like 7 then)

#5 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 01:33 PM

LOL i had a Nes and Sega megadrive...but AHEM i am goin off-topic here.

The Nintendo will be nice apparently, the joypad will be like a remote and a small joypad part.

#6 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 01:57 PM

Sounds cool, I might try it out, dunno yet all depends on what all they add to it :P

I never finished it cause I got bored easy and other things always caught my attention... still happens that way LOL

#7 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:52 PM

I do think that Microsoft and Sony own this game right now, so Nintendo have to basically start from scratch and do something interesting, fast and powerful with brilliant titles on it, like the GTA Series supported Sony first and Xbox...

Other than that i suppose they need to make the price good, why buy a nintendo people might ask, the playstation and xbox are cheaper.

The Game cube was a loss, it wasn't in the same league as the first Xbox and PS2...

But good luck to 'em :P

#8 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 06:00 AM

I dunno, I heard that the 360 doesn't support old X-Box games, is that true?

#9 clarky3429

clarky3429

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 08:53 AM

one thing that Nintendo did with the Gamecube was its measures with anti-piracy....apparently the cds spin in the oppisate direction to conventional CDS making it unreadable by other devices (i.e. CD drive on computer) - thats probobly why the Gamecube wasnt so popular...because you couldnt pirate the games easily!!

#10 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 02:01 PM

hmm I didn't know that... maybe that is why O.o, Although I never did successfully burn an x-box game... playstation was easy, burn it, stick a
piece of paper in little button the pops up and tells the playstation it's open, put in an original game, start it when it stop the music on the playstation logo, change the disc really quick... It was fun :P

#11 tntoak

tntoak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 06:51 AM

Nintendo have been quiet for sometime now, it almost seemed that Sony and Xbox where the two giants...so Nintendo have decided to release a console.

The Revolution was announced at E3 in May. It has a motion-sensitive controller that can function like a baseball bat, lightsaber, etc., or as a traditional controller. It also has an addon that will allow you to use it in a fashion similar to what you do in a FPS for PC. The Revolution is also going to be baskwards-compatible with Gamecube titles, as well as ship with an emulator capable of playing NES, SNES, and N64 games that will be available online. (ShadowFox, that means you will be able to play the original Metroid on the revolution).

#12 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:31 PM

oooo sweet... I want one :drools:

Sorry but all this fansy high-tech 3-d and real life looking stuff cna't compete with the older Metroids... Hands down, they pwn :P and the older Mario... AWESOME. besides... I still have that ShadowGate game I need to beat :D

#13 RedInferno

RedInferno

Your mom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 06:59 PM

View Posttntoak, on Dec 8 2005, 12:51 AM, said:

The Revolution was announced at E3 in May. It has a motion-sensitive controller that can function like a baseball bat, lightsaber, etc., or as a traditional controller. It also has an addon that will allow you to use it in a fashion similar to what you do in a FPS for PC. The Revolution is also going to be baskwards-compatible with Gamecube titles, as well as ship with an emulator capable of playing NES, SNES, and N64 games that will be available online. (ShadowFox, that means you will be able to play the original Metroid on the revolution).
NOw that has caught my eye!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users