Parental Control Fried My Brain!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:13 AM

OK.....my son uses Vista (I know) lol, but he's only 13 and getting to that stage where I don't have eyes on the back of my head :blink:

Vista has its bad points, but what it does good is in 'Parental Control' :voodoog: XP lacks this completely.

His lappy is all set up and configured with all his programs etc, but I just set up parental control on it and its the same damn irritating problem!!

New user account first, but I lose all his settings, bookmarks, desktop, icons, pics........his life!! WTF is this shit???.......Can't one clone an account without having to go through the same boring routine of setting everything up for each and every one? Even the mouse settings need changed!!

Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!! :cc_surrender:

Anyone know of an easier method?

I hope.......thx :RJsPC:

#2 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:16 AM

i wouldn't set it up. he's 13. to us oldsters, he's more like 16, at which age he can blow the thing up on his own, etc (remember to not file share on your vpn with teenagers in da house)...

#3 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:23 AM

I managed to get it fixed due to all your wonderful ideas, workin fine now :rofl_mini:

:rofl_mini:

:green_beer:

#4 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 05:09 AM

View Postscaramonga, on Nov 14 2008, 06:23 PM, said:

I managed to get it fixed due to all your wonderful ideas, workin fine now :rofl_mini:

:rofl_mini:

:green_beer:

lol...that's what i'm here for

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users