71 replies to this topic

#31 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 12:40 AM

hey USM, i'm folding away (during the day, until the water cooling is in). when i finish this latest unit, i'll have to follow the directions that WFO posted, and get in higher gear :)

#32 WFO

WFO

Super Adv. Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 12:45 AM

View PostUSM, on May 15 2007, 04:28 PM, said:

Lets get this thread back on track rookies!!! :angry:
Sir. Yes sir! How did Camaro do that sir???? :RJsPC: I messed up sir! My lappy was overheating and I shut it down to blow it out. I forgot to reconnect the power cord sir. It's been down 4 days do to a dead battery. :RJsPC: It's up again sir! :angry: :storm:

:)

#33 USM

USM

GRIM DEVILDOG

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Women, Hard Rock and Fishing of course!

Posted 16 May 2007 - 12:51 AM

View PostWFO, on May 15 2007, 08:45 PM, said:

Sir. Yes sir! How did Camaro do that sir???? :RJsPC: I messed up sir! My lappy was overheating and I shut it down to blow it out. I forgot to reconnect the power cord sir. It's been down 4 days do to a dead battery. :RJsPC: It's up again sir! :storm: :angry:

:)
Bout time I was thinking maybe I died. Good to hear MO, Im not so worried about you at ATM. And I see from another thread the WFO is now messing in the QUAD class. Must be nice to live in Cali and make all that money! :angry:

EDIT: You know in 5 mins the Detroit Redwings will be taking on the Anahiem Ducks on their home ice? Series is at 1-1! :RJsPC: :RJsPC:

Edited by USM, 16 May 2007 - 12:59 AM.

#34 BlueIce

BlueIce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:18 AM

BlueIce reporting in: still folding at 100%. :)

#35 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:22 AM

View PostBlueIce, on May 15 2007, 08:18 PM, said:

BlueIce reporting in: still folding at 100%. :)
...and you just passed me up :angry:

:RJsPC:

:storm:

:angry:

#36 USM

USM

GRIM DEVILDOG

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:33 AM

See what happens when you report! Good job blue, quit slacking! Report regular! :) :angry:

#37 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:37 AM

View PostUSM, on May 15 2007, 06:28 PM, said:

WTH did this thread just die? Did all our rookies die? This thread is where rookies REPORT! They report their progress. They ask questions! They give suggestions. They form a strong team spirit here! Lets get back on track here rookies. Since my last post Camaro and I both have reached the 30,000 point mark. Camaro did beat me by a slight edge, and I was way ahead of him. Maybe some of you are wondering how he did that. Or maybe some of you are wondering how he leads Points per day above all members on this team. Here is where you might want to ask him? Lets get this thread back on track rookies!!! :)
Well that is a very good question USM, I started this project out with my single core opty Overclocked of course, an my wife's overclocked single core 754 socket 3200 newcastle, both running Ubuntu with the consule client for linux. well I got my brothers E6400, to fix an reformat an such an he lost his cable internet an will be moving so for a few months I will have his computer. I put vmware on it an ubuntu then ran the linux smp client, it helped alot. then last week my sister asked me to keep her computer, E6300 for a few weeks till she gets settled into her new place, she is also moving, I added Ubuntu to that as she wanted to check it out. I had it in vmware but it was not exactly good for everything so I resized her existing harddrive an put Ubuntu on then the linux smp again.
about the time I got my sisters here my brothers ram needed an rma, was part of the problems he had, so I pulled one stick from my sisters so both have only 1 gb of ram running single channel, an then I also reformated my brothers to run Ubuntu only. I will add a windows partition later when he wants it back so now both are running in true linux enviorment. they are dedicated folders, not a thing else done on them at the moment. they are on 24/7

#38 USM

USM

GRIM DEVILDOG

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:46 AM

View PostCamaro, on May 15 2007, 11:37 PM, said:

Well that is a very good question USM, I started this project out with my single core opty Overclocked of course, an my wife's overclocked single core 754 socket 3200 newcastle, both running Ubuntu with the consule client for linux. well I got my brothers E6400, to fix an reformat an such an he lost his cable internet an will be moving so for a few months I will have his computer. I put vmware on it an ubuntu then ran the linux smp client, it helped alot. then last week my sister asked me to keep her computer, E6300 for a few weeks till she gets settled into her new place, she is also moving, I added Ubuntu to that as she wanted to check it out. I had it in vmware but it was not exactly good for everything so I resized her existing harddrive an put Ubuntu on then the linux smp again.
about the time I got my sisters here my brothers ram needed an rma, was part of the problems he had, so I pulled one stick from my sisters so both have only 1 gb of ram running single channel, an then I also reformated my brothers to run Ubuntu only. I will add a windows partition later when he wants it back so now both are running in true linux enviorment. they are dedicated folders, not a thing else done on them at the moment. they are on 24/7
Genius! :angry: How is that Linux single core client? Ive been thinking of trying my 3200+ with that client? :)

Edited by USM, 16 May 2007 - 03:48 AM.

#39 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Interests:Anything interesting.

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:49 AM

View PostCamaro, on May 15 2007, 10:37 PM, said:

Cool. :)

Just make sure you give the computers back before you pass me in 67 days. :angry: :storm:

#40 WFO

WFO

Super Adv. Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:55 AM

View Postbrewin, on May 15 2007, 08:49 PM, said:

Cool. :angry:

Just make sure you give the computers back before you pass me in 67 days. :storm: :angry:

LOL... thanks for explaining things Cam. I'll leave the strategic planning for computer usage up to you. Sorry Brew! :RJsPC: I'll keep plugging along and let you guys duke it out. :)

#41 USM

USM

GRIM DEVILDOG

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:02 AM

View PostWFO, on May 15 2007, 11:55 PM, said:

LOL... thanks for explaining things Cam. I'll leave the strategic planning for computer usage up to you. Sorry Brew! :angry: I'll keep plugging along and let you guys duke it out. :)
My bro! :storm: Dont listen to him Cam he has been enveloped by a quad warp!!! :RJsPC:
EDIT: Sides his Cali team just lost 5-0 to Detroit!!! :angry:

Edited by USM, 16 May 2007 - 04:11 AM.

#42 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:11 AM

View PostUSM, on May 15 2007, 10:46 PM, said:

Genius! :RJsPC: How is that Linux single core client? Ive been thinking of trying my 3200+ with that client? :angry:

I would say its better then the windows versions both gui an consule, most of the WU's recieved give 200 or more points the most my wifes has given was 540 or so, my overclocked 148 opty gets 600 to 880 points sometimes.

View Postbrewin, on May 15 2007, 10:49 PM, said:

Cool. :RJsPC:

Just make sure you give the computers back before you pass me in 67 days. :RJsPC: :RJsPC:
Unfortunatly the one of my sisters will be going back to her long before I can pass you, the one of my brothers, well that might be here till I am almost ready to pass you, I hope :RJsPC: :RJsPC: :RJsPC: or it might be alot sooner.

View PostWFO, on May 15 2007, 10:55 PM, said:

LOL... thanks for explaining things Cam. I'll leave the strategic planning for computer usage up to you. Sorry Brew! :gsg9: I'll keep plugging along and let you guys duke it out. :angry:
Well if you ever bring one of them quads to this folding team there will be almost no competion for you lol, so hopefully all will stay with the planet. seriously though :) :storm:

Oh an WFO, you thought more about the unused conroe's you have? if you want to sell them please let me know, an what price you want, I still want one.

Edited by Camaro, 16 May 2007 - 04:12 AM.

#43 USM

USM

GRIM DEVILDOG

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:17 AM

I think I'll give er a go with the 32 bit Fiesty Fawn! Might take a couple days though, been a lil busty lately. :)

#44 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:40 AM

Isn't the Linux SMP for 64bit *nix only? I might be wrong though...

#45 WFO

WFO

Super Adv. Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:50 AM

View Postbanj0, on May 15 2007, 09:40 PM, said:

Isn't the Linux SMP for 64bit *nix only? I might be wrong though...

!00% correct banjo! 64 bit only for smp. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users