2 replies to this topic

#1 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 04:44 PM

I've been organizing LAN parties in my basement for about 3 years now. It started with about 5-6 persons and now we are always between 8 and 12. We did one last saturday, all night long to sunday morning. My computer is down of course but I borrowed my friend's laptop :victory: We had a very good time despite the occasinal network problems, like one computer lagging like mad, even in Starcraft! :) One of us had to use my old 900mhz though cause he also had a dead motherboard! So we played old-school games like Starcraft, Counter-Strike (original one), and the aging but always fun Call of Duty. We would usually play Warhammer 40k:Dawn of War but the 900mhz wouldn't run it. We also discovered 2 really nice Half-Life mods with those LAN parties: Natural Selection and The Ship. I LOVE Natural Selection. Aliens and Marines have such a different gameplay, it really makes a difference if you play one or the other. And The Ship is just plain funny lol.

So I was wondering, have you guys ever took part in LAN parties? And what games do you play/would you like to play/ would you recommend me?

#2 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Interests:Anything interesting.

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:32 PM

I was in a Counter-Strike clan in high school. We played a lot and went to several big LAN parties. It was really fun, but we played so much that I got burned out and haven't really played a PC game since.

#3 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:12 PM

Yeah, I do LAN parties every once in awhile. We play Halo 2!! Period

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users