34 replies to this topic

#31 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:26 AM

has anyone here had moonshine/white lightening?

#32 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:35 AM

I've had illegally distilled sour mash from a buddy in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It was really, really strong. And a buddy of mine in college got some kinda stuff that was distilled in South Korea (he had a bud in the Army that brought back gallons of it). It had to be some kinda rice wine since it was clear but that crap would knock you back 5 years after 2 glasses.

#33 TheBearLT

TheBearLT

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:36 AM

View Postbanj0, on Feb 24 2008, 09:35 AM, said:

I've had illegally distilled sour mash from a buddy in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It was really, really strong. And a buddy of mine in college got some kinda stuff that was distilled in South Korea (he had a bud in the Army that brought back gallons of it). It had to be some kinda rice wine since it was clear but that crap would knock you back 5 years after 2 glasses.

Rice wine ? maybe that was Rice vodka.. "sake" ?
Of course it will knock you down dude.. 40 Degrees..

#34 talker

talker

Being a Priest is not always easy.

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Interests:Ah lets see...gee, I know...computers.

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:56 PM

Yes, in the days before I put on my clerical collar, I participated in the intake (or in a heavy Southern accent..dranking) of both very good and not so good white lightning. The first thing the participant needs to do is to check the moonshine. You do this by pouring a tablespoon full, and then stick a match to the whiskey. If the moonshine burns with a clear or blue flame then it is good to drink. If the flame burns yellow or sparkles, there are impurities in the liquor and should be partaken with caution, if at all. Many times the impurity is lead from tubing or such used in the distilation. Another way to enjoy good 'shine is to chill it prior to drinking. That merely increases the smoothness of good liquor. Of course, 'shine is to partaken straight up, in other words, straight of the jug and mixed with nothing. But do be careful, good 'shine is so smooth that you don't realize what is happening until it is too late. You feel wonderful and suddenly you are too drunk to walk. It will really sneak up behind you. That concludes our lesson today concerning the testing and consumption of homemade whiskey...talker. :)

#35 VoodooGuru

VoodooGuru

When I get a chance, I get up and dance and do the Curly shuffle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 04:31 PM

View Postbanj0, on Feb 24 2008, 12:15 AM, said:

Damn, I missed it. Anyone check it out? Any good music?
Hey, Banj0... It will be run again on the following dates and times::

Tuesday, March 04 08:00 AM

Tuesday, March 04 02:00 PM

I'm not sure what time zone the runtime is scheduled for so you may want to check your local listings. I DVR'd it last night so I didn't see it yet.

We now need a hillbilly emoticon.Does anyone have one? Or if someone can get creative, maybe they can make one... I thinks some parameters would have to be a hat and a gun or a jug of shine...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users