• Please log in to reply
2695 replies to this topic

#31 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 11 December 2006 - 07:34 AM

Posted ImageHey everyone. I guess i will join here as well, if you'll have me.

Posted Image

#32 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 08:25 AM

For the x64bit people that might feel a bit confused....

The "Generations" thread is from another forum in which WFO, David Heavy, Brewin, Aries, KitePlans, NeulRossen, MOReilly, myself, Scaramonga, Roadrunner, Chriso_86, Christopholofigus, Eniparadoxgma, Talker, RJsPC, Tweak, Camaro, dwflo, donkballs, othman, GSG-9, Godless, Mark64and everyone that I'm forgetting ( :clarky: ) would get together and say "hi."

It was started by a great man from Austria named 'Aries.' This was the 1st post:

Somebody has to start and I will take this part, with a great pleasure.

I tought, there are some of us belonging to a generation that is , I would say, more comfortable, as the new (young) one. We are still very young, but we have a bit different view to the world.

Just this morning, in a very nice Topic, one guy says: "I go Flyfishing, play chees, play guitar, ...", and on the end saying, this things are "Not Cool". The other one responsed: "That is Cool!". And I have the same opinion, this things are Cool.

We all have one thing, for shure, that is puting us together - Computers and everything around them. And this place should be something without the computers and all that stuff. To talk abot Flyfishing, Music, Sports, Polics, ..., or just to say hello to each other. If I see someone from my Generation I would like to say: Hay m.oreilly, how is your doughter or brozly, what´s with your Aries board or Camaro, didyou get a new one or Tweak, how is your Shop doing or just to say "Hello". And as the Haedline simply says:

(forum name) - A place to kick back and talk about non-AMD64 things...

of corse for us - Generation of the 50th and 60th and also the early 50th (40th) and the late 60th (70th) :P :chriso:

I will do it like this. This Topic comes to my Favorits and every time I´m on (a forum with my friends), I will open it and wait for a nice talk.
Please, also everybody who doesn´t belongs to our Generation, (my famous) but he would like to join us, is wellcome.

Aries

That thread grew from July of 2005 to 665 pages of 17 posts per (on average). That was after an admin of that forum pruned a few hundred pages and they were deleted forever. :headset:

Take a tech forum, sprinkle in a few dozen people that are just f'in cool, play chees (chess :unsure: ), be active in your world, and you have the Generations. The Space Cowboys are those of us who would lay down in traffic for each other even though we've never met in person.

By definition, DaveX, Clarky, Simon, Sphere, Scuba, and Vrosa are Space Cowboys already they just have to decide whether or not they want in. :)

It's just not the same without our great friend Zvonimir but hopefully he will be here soon.

Have a great morning people. :friends:

Edited by banj0, 11 December 2006 - 08:30 AM.

#33 RJsPC

RJsPC

Sponge Bob Guru Pants

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 08:31 AM

OK, I'm in on this one too :)

So hello to all the SPAAAAACED OUT COWBOYS :chriso: :headset:

#34 simon

simon

simon says Post

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 12:26 PM

Thanks every1 for making the first time fun !

#35 talker

talker

Being a Priest is not always easy.

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Interests:Ah lets see...gee, I know...computers.

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:29 PM

View Postsimon, on Dec 11 2006, 06:26 AM, said:

Thanks every1 for making the first time fun !

Most of the time, "first times" are always fun. Egad, did I say that? I didn't really...did I? Oh my, I must go think about this...talker. :headset:

#36 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:34 PM

lol talker, you might not have been there for that first start of the Generations thread, but you would have been an always are in spirit.
An that goes for you as well RJ

#37 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:06 PM

I am so glad the Space Cowboys have a place to chill once again!! We will be back to hundreds of pages soon enough I am guess. Davex, you better buying more storage for the site, cause your gonna need it!! :)

View Postm.oreilly, on Dec 11 2006, 01:02 AM, said:

well, you haven't lived 'til you have had a live conversation with "the gang"... :chriso:

LOL, no kidding!!! Things aren't dull when Scara or Storm is around. I still haven't gotten to hear Dave yet, which I can't wait since he is Irish. :headset:

#38 simon

simon

simon says Post

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 05:32 PM

It will be a week or two before you all hear this newyorker I ordered 2 wireless mic s just yesterday !!!!!

#39 donkballs

donkballs

just hagning around

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 05:38 PM

aah theres no place like home :headset:

#40 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 11 December 2006 - 07:07 PM

:headset: right u are Donk, here's to the space cowboys , for tonite we ride yeehaw!!!!!!! :crazy: ps Banjo ,nice bit of history on the Generations thread and to our most excellent freind "Aries" :chriso:

#41 Tweak

Tweak

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 02:01 AM

Nice summary for the newer members, glad to see such a friendly bunch has made it here, welcome to the newer people that are now a part of our "family".

#42 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 02:26 AM

View PostTweak, on Dec 11 2006, 06:01 PM, said:

Nice summary for the newer members, glad to see such a friendly bunch has made it here, welcome to the newer people that are now a part of our "family".
:headset: :chriso:

#43 talker

talker

Being a Priest is not always easy.

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Interests:Ah lets see...gee, I know...computers.

Posted 12 December 2006 - 02:47 AM

Ah gee, I feel all warm and fuzzy. If I could just borrow those Spiderman slippers that I think Mo has, everything would be perfect...talker. :headset:

#44 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 02:56 AM

View Posttalker, on Dec 11 2006, 06:47 PM, said:

Ah gee, I feel all warm and fuzzy. If I could just borrow those Spiderman slippers that I think Mo has, everything would be perfect...talker. :headset:
fuzzy...warm...yummy...bill, you have to get a pair...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

#45 Roadrunner

Roadrunner

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 03:38 AM

View PostRJsPC, on Dec 11 2006, 12:31 AM, said:

OK, I'm in on this one too :P

So hello to all the SPAAAAACED OUT COWBOYS :clarky: :headset:

Glad to see u here, RJ.
Also, hello to all the old and new "Cowboys"