30 replies to this topic

#16 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:32 AM

i got my scsis up and running, and xp installed. lol, xp runs like a dawg compared to vista: buggy as all getout, even with the sp3 installed. i think i'll just run off the ata drive (vistal install) until i get the new system up and running...with vista as the OS. i really tried to like xp, scara, really i did, but it's just so rough and clunky after using vista...

#17 talker

talker

Being a Priest is not always easy.

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Interests:Ah lets see...gee, I know...computers.

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:58 AM

Now MO, Veesta is nice but I really don't see it beating XP x64 SP2. Maybe it can beat the 32 bit version of XP but my XP x64 SP2 system is so solid that my Veesta Ult x64, even with the better hardware, just doesn't have the class and the strength. Veesta is but a pretty pebble compared to my XP x64 SP2 Gibraltar...talker. :RJsPC:

#18 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:26 AM

hey mr.T :RJsPC: i think i got addicted to the vista superfetch, and the warm gui, and the stability, and...hehe. yeah, i would have to agree that x64 xp is way more stable than the 32bit variety...

#19 Tweak

Tweak

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:09 PM

View Posttalker, on Dec 12 2007, 10:58 PM, said:

Now MO, Veesta is nice but I really don't see it beating XP x64 SP2. Maybe it can beat the 32 bit version of XP but my XP x64 SP2 system is so solid that my Veesta Ult x64, even with the better hardware, just doesn't have the class and the strength. Veesta is but a pretty pebble compared to my XP x64 SP2 Gibraltar...talker. :RJsPC:

Definitely agree with this comment, I will again try Vista, but x64 is as close to perfection as one can expect, for now at least.

#20 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2007 - 07:38 PM

Windows XP SP3 RC Refresh (Build 3264) released :cc_surrender:

Build 3264 (Public)

#21 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 08:15 PM

thanks scara! have you tried the sp3s yet?

#22 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 08:19 PM

oh, forgot to mention: after my "dawg" comment re xp, i now have to say it is running just great. i was using windowblinds for a bit at first, but with the stock gui, i seem to have a more responsive system. i'm downloading the sp rc atm...

#23 TheBearLT

TheBearLT

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:04 PM

Soo guys.. Try Running Benchmarks.. before, after on Newer, Older builds.. :friends:

Try checking SP3 new feature list, and also try 'em out.. Because so far I see only an Excitement :cc_surrender:

Cheers :mail1:

Edited by TheBearLT, 19 December 2007 - 10:05 PM.

#24 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 07:24 AM

yes, excitement, because things are running better/faster :cc_surrender:

#25 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:56 AM

View Postm.oreilly, on Dec 19 2007, 08:15 PM, said:

thanks scara! have you tried the sp3s yet?

Yup buddy :friends: seems OK with nothing bad to report as yet. Cant tell if there is any speed improvement as XP is darn fast anyway :cc_surrender: :mail1:

#26 bluerip

bluerip

BS Meter embedded, BS attached

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:All things SciFi, Hidden Science,& Hiddin Truth

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:01 AM

While I was away I got my brother-in-law's 2001 Area 51 (Alienware). It locked up and he decided to buy new. I took it home and cleaned enough dust bunnys out of it to knit a sweater. Wiped the HDD and installed a couple of new fans and my old copy of XP Home. I think I'll give sp3 a try. :giggle:

#27 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 07:06 AM

View Postscaramonga, on Dec 20 2007, 03:56 AM, said:

Yup buddy :) seems OK with nothing bad to report as yet. Cant tell if there is any speed improvement as XP is darn fast anyway :) ;)
have you tried using ie? it crashes, and any apps that rely on it's connections/settings. i can't believe they are putting this out, breaking their own browser. now i have to reinstall. linux is looking better every day...

#28 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 08:30 AM

the joke is on me! lol, the latest updates from spywareblaster block windows update/ie from connecting! hahaha, the evil vole is struck asunder by freeware made for blocking the bad guys... :) though i have a feeling the sp3 contains some sort of drm friendly gunk... :)

#29 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2007 - 02:44 PM

have you tried using ie? it crashes, and any apps that rely on it's connections/settings.

What's IE again?

:)

:)

#30 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 06:31 PM

well, that shows just how much i use it (and windows update, and now my music app). i still think sp3 has some drm capable components in it...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users