5 replies to this topic

#1 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 02:49 AM

At one time Microsoft was working on a handheld gaming device codenamed Xboy. They not only have apparently ditched it, but they are soured on the idea of handheld gaming completely, according to Microsoft VP Peter Moore (formerly of Sega), in a Game Industry.biz article:

Moore said that Microsoft has no intentions of following Sony and Nokia into the handheld gaming business, commenting that "we're not in that business and there are no plans to be in that business right now."
Maybe Moore, who saw Sega get knocked around by Nintendo and Sony, is a bit of a sore loser?

In fact, Microsoft is not only not planning to enter the portable business, but is hugely dismissive of the whole sector, with Moore describing handheld gaming as "a very solitary, time-killing activity."

"It's not something you share," he explained. "We believe that the future is the social element of gaming, and that's going to be done through a console, not through a handheld gaming device".

#2 RedInferno

RedInferno

Your mom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 09:24 PM

Wow, that WAS interesting...at first I thought you made a spelling error karl. :P

#3 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 09:35 PM

98%...98% red :D :P

#4 RedInferno

RedInferno

Your mom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 09:36 PM

LOL....but he DOES have a margin for error folks....life's easier the lower he keeps expectations, that last 2% does it for him :P

#5 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 09:44 PM

I am kinda upset that ms didn't try this, if they had done this right, i bet it would of done well...pc compatible e.t.c and Windows pocket edition or something on a gaming system

#6 utra

utra

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 03:54 AM

i thaught that the Gizmondo was Microsofts attempt at a psp after all its basicly the same spec.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users