2 replies to this topic

#1 eniparadoxgma

eniparadoxgma

Thomas S. Arashikage

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:14 PM

I wanted to share my experiences with Logitech with youz right quick.

In the past I've had to deal with a few hardware issues that have caused me to have to send things such as motherboards, monitors, etc back to the manufacturer to get fixed or replaced under warranty. Typically, in the realm of PC hardware, I have found that the majority of companies operate under the policy that if they have to replace a defective product, they will send you a refurbished OEM version of the product as a replacement.

In my dealings with Logitech, I have found that they do not subscribe to this policy.

I used to have a wireless gaming mouse (G7). At some point something went wrong with it (can't remember what...I blame the beer). I sent it back to them and they told me that since they didn't have any spare G7s left to send to me, I could choose one of a couple of different mice to have shipped to me including the new, kickass super-expensive G9. So, that's what I chose.

Recently, (at least a year or more later), my G9 started to get a short in the cord. It would randomly just die and come back to life. I then took the grip off, the weights out of it, and shipped it back to them at no expense to me due to their sending me a UPS label to print to ship it with (another policy I don't see often enough: free shipping back to manufacturer). I had taken the grip off and weights out with the assumption that I'd probably just get an OEM new mouse or a refurbished mouse as a replacement.

I just got my replacement today. I opened up the box and there's a brand new mouse still in the package with all the extras inside. Now I have...5 grips and 2 sets of weights for my brand new G9 (including a personalized grip that you can order with whatever picture you choose on it...w00t). As a reminder, both the old G9 that started shorting out on me and the new one I now have I never even paid for. About 3, 4, or however many years ago I received the G7 as a birthday present (which was, admittedly, pretty expensive). And today, however many years later, I receive a brand new G9 free of charge.

I don't know about you guys, but that's some great customer service in my book.

#2 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:34 PM

That's not customer service, that's customer care

I wish more companies were like that

Been using my wireless Konig lasermouse for about 2 years now... only issue is, it's costing me batteries.
I need to buy rechargable batteries, but at the rate the mouse drains the batteries, I'm thinking of getting a high-capacity battery, the 2 100mAh.

Besides the battery use... I love this mouse and I prefer wireless in any way. Wireless is just... nice and wireless :bluerip:

#3 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:54 AM

From, ahem, another site and a few years ago but I'm the author.

Attached Image: ltech.png

Couldn't agree more Enip. In so long as the product(s) is comparable, Logitech will get my business every time. A company filled with real people, what a concept.

Edited by banj0, 18 November 2009 - 06:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users